Vegetarian friends?

Options
Looking to connect with some vegetarians on here! Add me even if you're not a veg, but if you are let's trade recipes!

Replies

• pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not solely vegetarian (yet...lol?), but I have severely limited my intake of meat & animal byproducts. I am eating lots of beans now, in addition to lots of veggies & fruit. I'm happy to trade recipes! :flowerforyou:
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a vegetarian and am always glad to hook up with others
    linda
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi!! I'm A Vegetarian. I'm Kinda New To It [4 Months] But I've Tried A Few Things. It Seems To Be The Best Decision I've Ever Made.
  • theapagel
    Options
    I just joined this site. I haven't gone fully veggie but I love the way I feel when I do. I have been reading books by Victoria Boutenko and she is really inspirational. Also if anyone is in Austin Daily Juice is an amazing place for vegetarians. Take a look at their website for inspiration if you make your own smoothies. Also checkout the Moosewood cookbook for great recipes; It is an oldie but a goodie.

Looking forward to learning new things from all of you out there.
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 24 years, since I was a teenager. I love to cook & experiment in the kitchen (unusual cookbooks are a weakness of mine). Feel free to add me. I'm always happy to share recipes.
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for only about four months now, and I always eat the same stuff so I'd love it if someone had some good ideas or anything.
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello :drinker:
    Veggie here! Always looking for more recipes. A lot of what i normally cook has high calories(no surprise there as i need to loose 47lb :laugh: ) Any help with new ideas would be great!

Feel free to add me as a friend.

I am already friends with sparklekitten :happy: so everyone else with lowfat fab recipes welcome :drinker:

Louise
    x
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    My sister who is also one this site is a vegan, so feel free to add me, I would love to share your recipes with her.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hi SparkleKitty! Already friends with you, but I wanted to share this recipe!

It is a healthy version of eggplant parmesan, only 300 calories per serving and very delicious!
    http://www.prevention.com/health/cook/everyday-recipes/light-and-luscious-eggplant-parmesan/article/7b96dbf69fbf9210VgnVCM10000030281eac____

I got it off of another forum on here and made it last night. Yum yum!

I've been a vegetarian for 7 years and always like to try new things.
  • mindymoe1
    Options
    feel fee to add me! vegetarian right now but was a vegan for 2 years. love to swap recipes:smile:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us veg heads on the site. Plenty of vegans as well. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • cochranmd
    cochranmd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am what you would call a part-time vegetarian. I do go weeks without eating meat, hpwever I have been known to relapse.
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Hi SparkleKitty! Already friends with you, but I wanted to share this recipe!

It is a healthy version of eggplant parmesan, only 300 calories per serving and very delicious!
    http://www.prevention.com/health/cook/everyday-recipes/light-and-luscious-eggplant-parmesan/article/7b96dbf69fbf9210VgnVCM10000030281eac____

I got it off of another forum on here and made it last night. Yum yum!

I've been a vegetarian for 7 years and always like to try new things.

Omg Eggplant Parmesan is one of my favorite Italian dishes! Thanks!!
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I try to eat mostly vegan at home but I don't limit myself to a vegan diet when eating out. Would love some new low cal recipes that ward off hunger!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    hey! here is my newest recipe since I really missed the taco dip my friend make

1st layer guacamole (1 large or 2 small avocados, juice from 1 lemon, 1-2 garlic cloves)
    2nd layer - salsa (can make your own or buy it)
    3rd layer - black beans
    top with fresh chopped veggies like red and green peppers, onion, tomato, and if you like some black olives

I would love to hear more ideas! someone also recently posted a recipe for lentil/oat meatloaf
  • kimsy1222
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for almost 3 years, and I'm new to the site here :)
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am new to being a vegetarian so I would LOVE some recipes! I have been having bad stomach pains after eating and lots of bloating so they tested me for celiacs and it was neg. One day I only ate some chicken and got sick and since then I stopped eating meat and no more stomach pain and bloating!!!!
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Are any of you into clean eating? I have been reading about it for awhile. I am going to try it for a month. It seems a little challenging to do this as a vegetarian. If anyone has experience with clean eating and vegetarian I would love to become friends and offer support

linda
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Bump!

I need vegetarian friends so I can snoop in your food diaries. Please add me!
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to be and then I got into some bad habits with kids and significant others. However, I'm back as I was never in the least bit overweight when I ate veg. I'm going vegan until I hit my running weight. I use sprouted rice protein powder in all my fresh juiced veg and fruit drinks to keep my calories and energy up. I go through about 35 lbs of fruit and vegetables a week. My juicer is my best health buddy. I just figure in advance if I'm going to make a sweet or savory drink and then there is no limit to what I'll juice.

My favorite salad is (2 oz uncooked) 5 oz cooked whole wheat penne rigate pasta cooled. One diced tomato. One diced small avocado. One tbsp good balsamic vinegar, One teaspoon olive oil with a dash of garlic salt and pepper. Total 403 calories.