Cinnamon Extract?

Options
I was watching Dr Oz this morning and he said to not only drink 3L of water a day to lose weight, but to also use cinnamon extract.

I was just curious if anyone on here has used it in their water and if they've noticed a difference in weight lose from it?

Replies

• hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of cinnamon extract (I'm in the Uk) but I cook with cinnamon as much as possible (make cinnamon syrup to add to coffee etc) as I noticed how much healthier/vibrant/well I feel when I use it regularly. This was before I found out they are trying to use it to cure loads of viruses :) I would be interested in adding it to water ... I wonder if it is available in the UK :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr Oz this morning and he said to not only drink 3L of water a day to lose weight, but to also use cinnamon extract.

I was just curious if anyone on here has used it in their water and if they've noticed a difference in weight lose from it?

Cinnamon may have some minor benefits as a GDA, but really won't do anything magical
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you heard about it on "Doctor" Oz, you can probably discount it automatically.

There are no magical cures. If there were we'd all be skinny. If it has ANY impact at all, it would be very minor.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Cinnamon may have some minor benefits as a GDA, but really won't do anything magical

Probably not, but it sure is yummy!! And certainly can't hurt anything! Plus, highly-flavored seasonings (in general but especially spicy ones) are generally considered more satiating and people will sometimes eat less than they would of a lesser-seasoned food.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Here a quack, there a quack, everywhere a quack, quack! It won't hurt you, will make your wallet much lighter and make Dr Oz richer.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Everyone who knows their stuff knows that it's all about coffee bean extract.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Interesting...I drink hot cinnamon tea but that's just because I love cinnamon lol Good luck with that doll!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is an appetite suppressant that also fires the metabolism.
  • rzaloudek67
    Options
    Seems to be all the rage lately. Dr. Oz promotes a lot of things to help with weight loss, looking better, getting healthier...if we followed everything that man said, we'd be broke, and probably not much better off.

There is no substitute for the real work involved in losing weight. You really need to WANT to lose weight and WORK at doing so. A combination of a healthy, properly portioned diet combined with excercise will get you where you want to be.

The help of 'supplements' is optional, and for as many 'recommendations' out there, you will find someone that it worked for. :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I LOVE herbs, extracts, tinctures, and my newest love, essential oils. I use them constantly. They are a wonderful benefit. Nothing overcomes overeating, though.
  • Ver0n1ca
    Ver0n1ca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Google cinnamon extract and you will find a medical study that was done where they found significant results between the placebo group and the cinnamon extract group over the 12 week study.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Bolded is where you first went wrong. Even considering anything he says is anything but crap was your second.

A calorie deficit will help you lose weight. Water will keep you hydrated but not aid in that loss and the cinnamon extract thing is a myth.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    CinChallenge-SteveJoHEADER.gif
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    CinChallenge-SteveJoHEADER.gif

LOL GAH! You beat me to it!
  • DoingThiisForMe
    Options
    LOL how much cinnamon extract did he say to use? Just curious lol
  • ShengHuo
    ShengHuo Posts: 42
    Options
    I don't know about weight loss (I'm thinking not), but it does help regulate blood sugar. And you don't necessarily have to pay for the pills, just use the spice in things.
  • tryeye
    tryeye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: THIS WAS COPIED & PASTED FROM A WEBSITE CALLED DROZFANS.COM. IT IS INFO FEATURED FROM A GUEST HE HAD ON THE SHOW, MARK MACDONALD (AUTHOR OF BODY CONFIDENCE)
    'Step 3 – Drink 3 Liters of Water with Cinnamon Extract added to the Water – Cinnamon Extract actually helps your cells receive insulin better, which will stabilize your blood sugar, so in combination with water you will be flushing out toxins from your body and maintaining a steady blood sugar, leading to permanent weight loss. Mark says to simply add a few drops of Cinnamon Extract to your water and enjoy throughout the day.'
  • lazydaisy1972
    Options
    A little hope and a little encouragement: I have been at a plateau and was about to give up when I saw the cinnamon extract segment on Dr. Oz. I ordered my cinnamon extract immediately. Got it yesterday. You're supposed to add 2 to 3 droppers full to your water 3 times a day (suggested use on my bottle) with meals. His suggested use was 2 to 3 droppers of cinnamon extract in 1 liter of water @ 3 liters per day. I started yesterday and dropped 2 lbs overnight. Just what I needed to kick start me back into gear. It's not magic but blood sugar management has always been an issue for me. Another great tip I would add which helped me get over another hump in the past was not eating after 6pm. Water only. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    There is no shortcut
    There is no shortcut
    There is no shortcut
    There is no shortcut
    There is no shortcut
    There is no shortcut
    There is no shortcut
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I would stop drinking coffee if Doctor Oz started endorsing consuming it. He's an opportunist, and should be ashamed of himself.