Craving--I WON

Options
marymooster
marymooster Posts: 134 Member
Whew.... I passed this little test yesterday.... Have been quite busy.... Am putting together the grand opening of my holistic clinic this weekend... ads, flyers clients cancelations, students... so much to do.... And of course can't forget the knee. I am recovering from the second fall on in since June.... so can't really do heavy exercise... and still hurts a good bit.. WEll.. was off to meet the hypnotherapist to go over our talk for Sunday to launch our weight loss support program. I am tired because on top of this I haven't felt well this week.... All I could think about was I wanted something to eat. Didn't know what Didn't care what.... Now before I left home I had a lighter version of this feeling and gave it a bit of cheese.... By the time I was driving.... It grew... It now knew it wanted a cupcake with sourcream icing..... I even said I would go to the shop and look wouldn't get but look... As I pulled up to the turn to go to the hypnotherapist.... I said no...just going there... then said No.... I will go to the shop....so I did. Wandered around... now there were no cupcakes with sour cream icing..thank God. I looked at ice cream--too many cals. NO nothing saltty,I knew I wanted something sweet and chocolate. Looked around for a very small 95 cal cadbury chocolate bar my little raft in the sea of cravings..... there were none.... but down on the bottom shelf I spied a fun size milky way 98 cals...
So I hopped on.... It satisfied the craving.... No splurge.... The empowering thing was being able to pass over the ice cream.... was to actually be selective to satisfy this urge.... and then realizing it really was a stress reaction... Once I realized it was stress and not really about food... I was able to switch it off as well.. so no reoccurrence....a little shaky but soooo happy.... Yeah ME!!!

Replies

• loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    YAY You!! Its all the little things that are going to get you to your goal and you did great!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Yay you, for sure! :) Doesn't it feel great to stop, think and remain in control?
  • marymooster
    Options
    Thanks ladies..... yes it is the little things that get us there..... I loved being in control..... Concious positive self talk..... Loving it...
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting cravings for several days. Your post is inspiring and I will try to ask myself "what am I stressing about?" next time I have cravings. Thanks for a great insight.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a fantastic feeling to resist the urge! My kids have not had any fast food for about a month (which is amazing compared to how we all used to eat) so I decided to get them McDonald's last night- nuggets and fries. As my kids were strapped in their car seats on the way home- that bag beside me tempted me with the smell... but I am proud to say I didn't even eat 1 french fry- because with me, 1 will quickly turn into a large down the hatch!

That is amazing that you were able to make a good choice among a sea of temptations. That's what I've learned with this site... you don't have to cut out anything- just make better choices. By making good choices I get to eat all day long and stay within my amounts. This is the first time in m life I've been able to not starve to lose weight! lol

Way to go! Keep it up!
  • marymooster
    Options
    and that is what it is all about.... informed choice... If I decide to have a cupcake it's because I want it its in my calorie count.... not because it soothes me.... Long live concious choice. Congrants for the MCdonald coup...... Everyone keep up the good work.
  • MelliCheer
    Options
    Whenever I feel the craving for something sweet I get a "fun size" candy bar. I try to break my day into 300 cal breaky/lunch/dinner/snacks portions. So if I feel like that 100 cal candy bar I go ahead and do it. I've made the commitment to change my lifestyle not ban the things I like from my life.
  • marymooster
    Options
    Whenever I feel the craving for something sweet I get a "fun size" candy bar. I try to break my day into 300 cal breaky/lunch/dinner/snacks portions. So if I feel like that 100 cal candy bar I go ahead and do it. I've made the commitment to change my lifestyle not ban the things I like from my life.

absolutely.... this is great planning.... and great choices... if you use restrictionas a method all you feel is restricted... no joy in that..... My motto is no restriction.... just choices that support my goals . you gooo! keep at it.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm all for regaining a bit of control.
    I've been finding microwave popcorn is a great little treat for me - I can have a quarter bag for 100 cals or so. I have to put my portion in a bowl though, so I'm not tempted to eat the lot!
  • tradle
    tradle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well done !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!