annoyed

Options
UGH!! Its so hard not to get frustrated when you get on the scale and you've gained 2 lbs! I wanted to loose at least 1 this week or stay the same.... but gain! I run everyday, twice a day. I try my hardest to eat right and exercise. Maybe i just have to switch things up.. maybe speed work outs. I know everyone has their off weeks and things don't happen over night. I know I'm not going to lose 50lbs in one week. It takes time and i know that.. I just feel like a failure this week. But I'm not going to give up and I'm just going to keep on keepin.

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
    Are you eating back any of your exercise calories?
    Why are you running everyday, twice a day?
  • Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do not get frustrated, look at your food choices and adjust. If you open your diary others can look and offer suggestions.

make sure you are getting enough protein and you are eating less then you burn.
  • ashmit24
    ashmit24 Posts: 2
    Options
    At the moment myfitnesspal has me at 1410 calories a day, so I'm doing that or less than, and I don't eat back the calories I burned during cardio. And i really don't know why I'm running twice a day. I guess I figure its more calories burned. Should I start combining weight training with my cardio?
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend adding some weight training to see if that helps. You can always go back if it doesn't. Also eat back some of your exercise points I wasn't and barely list anything each week. Now that I do I usually lose on average 2lbs a week.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You're more than likely not eating enough to support your workouts.

MFP is designed for you to eat back some of your workout calories.
    You don't need to eat back 100% of them, try at least 50% - especially if you're using just using the values from the database and not from an HRM.

And yes, start weight training.
    Since you've got 70lbs more to lose, it'll help you to preserve the lean mass you have now so you don't end up squishy when you get to your goal weight - which will happen if you continue just doing cardio. And contrary to popular belief, you're not going to get man muscles. When you first begin, you're going to retain some water (as your muscles repair) so you'll see a gain and might think you look "bulky" but as you keep lifting weights, you're going to re-comp your body and look slamming. And by lifting now and keeping with you, you'll preserve your lean mass & probably increase it. And that's good because it means more muscles which means more food. So it's a win-win here

2x day sessions of cardio can be counter productive, you're not giving your body time to recover and repair.
    There's really no need to go running twice a day
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?