Clothes are getting baggy :)

Options
Hi all,

Trust me, I am not complaining but my clothes are all getting so baggy. Poor me huh :laugh: I'm thinking soon I won't be able to wear my work pants for fear of them falling down round my ankles :embarassed: lol

I really don't want to spend money on clothes until I have reached or neared my goal. So what does one do in the interim?

hmm maybe we should all share our clothes around so that we always have each stage covered and never have to buy any until we get to our goals LOL

Trace :happy:

Replies

• jayshay
    jayshay Posts: 3
    Options
    You can borrow some of my clothes if you want LOL LOL
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    What a great problem and not a bad idea either. My sister has been on MFP longer than I have and sent me two boxes of her beautiful clothing she had undergrown.
    Then in addition to that, I had a MFP message one day from someone I'd never meant. It said "I live near you and have clothes that don't fit anymore, do you want them?" We meant a Starbucks and she gave me 4 large trash bags of really nice clothing.
    Between the two of them I picked what worked on me and now have a complete beautiful wardrobe.
  • janetgardiner
    Options
    what a cool thing jeanineadele. My sister and I are both doing MFP. She is bigger than me so is almost into the things that no longer fit me. I thought the other day I might need to have a look in some of the second hand shops as I don't want to pay a lot of money for things that might not last me very long. If there are a few people that live near you you could have a clothes swap afetrnoon/night out??
  • upsy
    upsy Posts: 42
    Options
    i give away most of my BIG clothes, lucky had summer so sorted myself with couple cheap jeans and dresses inbetween.
    I still have 2 dresses and skirt, what im considering to put in ebay, as they were expensive and worn just once (for wedding, one is smthing like bridesmaid dress in dark plum colour, other formal dress in light sand colour and dark brown dressy - formal skirt).
    I wouldnt mind to swap to same kind going out dress if anyone has one in cupboard and disloved it (size 12 UK, please :D ), may be any of you have some event comming up and would love dress and have smaller dress from "old times" what you dont really like anymore, but dont want really to throw out. :)
    p.s. Im from Ireland.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Lets just get ride of all the clothes, if you need shorts I an extra
  • upsy
    upsy Posts: 42
    Options
    cheeky :devil:
  • hartterjw
    Options
    I would give away those that u cannot alter with a belt or something. I personally hand down my stretched out boxers to my fiance who loves to wear them! is that too much info??! :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I saw some ads on Craigslist a few weeks ago. I have a long way to go before I run out of closet..... like 50 pounds more! I figure I should be good requesting gift cards for Christmas to fund a new wardrobe:tongue: