Support in Exchange for Support, anyone?

Options
Hi all,
My name's Ciara - i'm a newbie and would love some adds to help along the way?

Replies

• cyclebummer
    Options
    Hi Summer,

You say your goal is to be able to wear about anything and that you've got 'determination.' Alll good. You've got motivation and will power, both essential to weight control. Focus on both every day. Nothing happens without motivatiotwn and will power.

Tips:

1. Don't drink anything with sugar or high fructose corn syrup. NOTHING.
    2. Limit bread to the equivalent of two slices of whole wheat.per day.
    3. Lmiit irish potatoes and fries to one serving a week.
    4. Limit any kind of dessert or ice cream to one serving a week.

Eat three balanced meal/day, leaving room for a bit of in-between snacking. I favor sunflower seeds, strawberries, apples, etc.But, don't deny yourself anything, just limit the amount.

As every calorie counts, learn the calorie content of all the foods you like. Then limit your intake to your BMR plus 500 if you're a reasonably active teen. That's probably gonna be about 1800/day for you. If you do this with minimal cheating, you'll slowly lose weight. Guaranteed. Plus, you'll get an education in nutrition that will serve you well the rest of your life.

Exercise is good, always. Find something you enjoy and try to work it in at least 4 hours/week. More is better. Mine is cycling and upper body at the gym. Figure the calories burned above your daily baseline(1800?) and add half back wtih food rewards.

Track your meals, exercise, and progress on this site. Good discipline tool.

Best wishes.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Cool add me if you'd like :-)
  • TheSummerProject13
    Options
    See this is what I need! Thank you!
  • tutyflut
    tutyflut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing interval training every other day and bicycling for 60 minutes the other days for about 3 weeks. I've been eating under 1200 calories on most days and meet with a trainer once a week. I can tell my clothes are getting looser and I'm toning up but I don't see any results on the scale. I started at 190 and was down to 184 but this morning I weighed in again at 190. I've been drinking my water but it seems that I'm gaining instead of losing. I'm only 5'2" so this is not a good weight for me. Any suggestions
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks cyclebummer. Your post was truly worth reading :)