Help!!! Stuck!!!

Options
I have been stuck at the same weight for the last month and a half...185-187 ..... I need someone to look at my diary and tell me what i am doing wrong. My only conclusion is I am not eatting enough in the mornings...my lunch is ok, sometimes a lean cuisine or smart ones sometimes a salad. Dinner is usually a healthy one like chicken or fish or something. The weekends I let loose a little and may have a few pieces of pizza like this past saturday, but yesterday I stuck to my diet like a rock! so I am confused! I take vitamins everyday and inspite of not recording it I do drink water everyday too, exercise 6 days a week to P90X.....HELP! My P90X coach recommended Muscle Milk since I can not afford Shakeology...will that help?

ADVICE PLEASE!

Replies

• emilysparey
    Options
    the only thing i can see is on some days your not eating enough of your exercise calories, even just eating half of them might help. also maybe split your meals and have snacks too, i found i dont lose weight if i have just 3 meals a day, you have to re program your body into not have 3 square meals a day and having six small meals. your body will have more energy to fuel through out the day
  • michelle29714
    Options
    I do snack 2 times and maybe three, plums and granola bars are my fav. I feel so bloated eating all my exercise calories because i don't think I am calculating them right because I don't have a monitor yet to see what I am really burning off......uugh frustrated completely
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What do you do for exercise? I was thinking maybe you need to shake your exercise routine up if you stick mainly to a specific exercise i.e. walking. Try incorporating some circuit training and strength training if you're not already doing that and hopefully that will get your scale moving once again.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary and I see days with 800-900 cals logged, you are starving yourself, you need to eat more, and net more than 1200 cals, probably eating closer to what is recommended and you will probably start losing weight again
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I do snack 2 times and maybe three, plums and granola bars are my fav. I feel so bloated eating all my exercise calories because i don't think I am calculating them right because I don't have a monitor yet to see what I am really burning off......uugh frustrated completely

you should really look at what you eat, there isnt any reason any person should not be able to eat 1500 cals a day over 3-5 meals a day, if you evercise and dont eat some of that back, your body isnt getting the nourishment and it will retain what you eat and you wont lose weight
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating your calories burned through exercise? If you are not wearing a HRM then your calculations seem quite high. I doubt that you burn 10 cals/minute during the strength training days and ab ripper X, or during yoga, The only one that I can see burning that much is plyometrics.

I also noticed in your diary that your meals are inconsistent. What I mean by this is some meals 700-1000 cals while others 150. It is better to have many small meals 250-350 each then some larger and some smaller. Try aiming for a min of 250/meal and a max of 500.

P90X required a minimum of 1800 calories per day to help energize your body and rebuild the muscles after the workouts. Maybe change your settings to 1800 and don't add your exercise calories to the database. if you keep your goal try adding 600 for all workouts to get you to 1800, you will not burn 750 or 900 on the P90X workouts.
  • michelle29714
    Options
    Erik Thats a good idea! How do I change my calories?
  • michelle29714
    Options
    I do P90X exercise...its different everyday and changes every 3 weeks so that not the issue...I think its how I am eating....ty for the input
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Erik Thats a good idea! How do I change my calories?

You can go to Goals, click change goals, select custom, make your changes, then click save changes.
  • michelle29714
    Options
    Got it Erik TY I took out the 1200 and added in 1800 and I will not input my workout cals. I will try this for 2 weeks and see what happens....thanks again!
  • michelle29714
    Options
    Got it Erik TY I took out the 1200 and added in 1800 and I will not input my workout cals. I will try this for 2 weeks and see what happens....thanks again!
  • esleglb766
    Options
    P90X is a great workout program. I lost many lbs on that program. What I think is hapening is you are gaining muscle mass. Replacing your excess fat with muscle. Though this doesn't look good on the scale, it is absolutly crucial to reach the weight loss goals you desire. Muscle burns fat... More muscle... More fat burning. Keep it up, don't give up. P90X will smack you down and leave you sore for days, but it is a total body fat burning machine!
  • michelle29714
    Options
    My moto is: Giving up is not an option, just press play and bring it! I LOVE P()X its fantastic and anyone who does other workouts in my opinion are depriving themselves, Tony horton is a BEAST! but I love it! TY for the tip everyone is saying the same thing to me so I guess I will eat my total calories and see what happens...........................tomorrow is another day right? LOL