do u workout at home?

Options
If yes what is your workout schedule?

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days every week for about 1-2 hrs. I do it all, HIIT, Cardio, Weights, Plyo, DVDs...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I do, I have a complete home gym that I use. Right now I am training for a half marathon so I follow a pretty tight training schedule. I run 4 days a week, strength train twice/week, kickbox one day and yoga/stretching one day. One rest day.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I do on days I don't go to the gym (or was lazy and skipped and I am punishing myself)

I either do HIIT or the intermediate dvd of YAYOG
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I ONLY work out at home. I do the Insanity/ P90X hybrid. I also run/walk when I am not too exhausted from the program. I hate working out at the gym. Too many meat heads at the gyms around here that only go to hit on chicks.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I do workout videos at home. I have a bunch of cardio DVDs, that I haven't really used in many months actually. I discovered fitnessblender.com and have been living there. I do their videos 5 days a week. Light weights, they're mostly sort of a circuit training thing. I do 5,8,10,13 pounds. I usually choose videos that are between 30 and 45 minutes.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days every week for about 1-2 hrs. I do it all, HIIT, Cardio, Weights, Plyo, DVDs...

This. I finally started seeing results once I dropped my gym membership over three years ago!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    If yes what is your workout schedule?

My current schedule:

Monday
    Home: Bodyweight pushing exercises
    (Push-up variation, Pike push-ups, Diamond push-ups)
    Home: evening Yoga

Tuesday
    Home: Bodyweight pulling exercises
    (Let-me-ups, Chin-ups, dumbbell rows)

Wednesday
    Local evening yoga class
    Otherwise, rest.

Thursday
    Lunchtime swim
    Home: Bodyweight legs and core exercises
    (Bulgarian single leg deadlift, pistol squats, V-sits, cross-oblique crunches)

Friday
    Home: Bodyweight pushing exercises
    (Push-up variation, Pike push-ups, Diamond push-ups)

Saturday
    Local morning yoga class
    Home: Bodyweight pulling exercises
    (Let-me-ups, Chin-ups, Pull-ups)

Sunday
    Local club cycle ride
    Otherwise, rest.

Also I cycle to/from work (16 miles all round) so my cardio is done without setting aside workout time.

As has already been said, I started seeing results once I dropped gym and started looking at mainly bodyweight exercises and yoga. I can do a Chest and Triceps session at work and have the evening free.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I do it all at home, a friend of mine wants me to join his gym soi can watch him do his Brazilian juijitzu ! he wants me to try it . lol.. right! !
    ANy way, I do the nrol4w .. ii put a lot of money into the home equipment I have, and I like that I can do it when I want and I don't have to be judged or watched,
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home. I do two days of running, two days of abs workouts, and two days of strength/dumbbell workouts each week.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have no firm schedule for doing things on particular days, but I do body weight strength training 3-4x a week and run 3-4x a week. On days that I do both, strength is done in the morning and running after work/evening. Typically all my workouts occur M-F & off on weekends unless I skipped too many strength sessions or am training for a race and have my long runs on weekends.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I workout at home 7 days a week.

Mon, Wed, Fri: Hiit/Strength training (I've cobbled together workouts from Fitness Blender and Be Fit on YouTube, too lazy to come up with my own)

Tue, Thu, Sat: Cardio

Sun: Rest day or in my case, an hour long Power Yoga workout. Great after torturing my body all week.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I either run, or lift (working on my collection of weights in the basement) and then run, no real schedule, all depends on my workload, whether i am walking any neighbor's dogs, what my husband is up to etc. so i'll either end up exercising in the morning, mid-day, or evening. as long as i get it done, that's all that matters.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I do the indoor cycle, walking, HIIT Cardio pushups , P90x, Dvd for hr 6 days week.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I do my tried and true Firm and Insanity DVDs every morning alternating them. 3 days a week in the afternoons I run between 2-5 miles (if I feel up to it). I used to belong to a gym and a Crossfit box, but there's something about working out at home on my time that I thoroughly enjoy.
  • yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I workout at home about 3 times a week. I'm going to bump it up to 5 or 6 days. I want to make strides towards losing weight by my bday in Jan.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set schedule for which days of the week I do things, mostly I let my body decide.

I run 4 days, 2 easy runs, one interval day using the zombie run ap and one long run if at least 8 miles, unless I'm pushing my 3 yearold in the jogger and I don't have a race coming right up. In that case I dial back to five unless I feel awesome. I don't run on the mill ever.

I do 3 hour long body weight strength workouts using the You Are Your Own Gym ap a week too. Generally I do my weekday runs on lunch at work and mt strength at home after the kid is in bed while watching mindless television.