Tracy Anderson workout

Options
I was wondering if anyone has done the Tracy Anderson workouts? How did you count it and if it really worked for you. I have to say after doing her workout I am sore and I felt like I had worked, but not very aerobic. What are your thoughts, please.

Replies

• lacey1d
    lacey1d Posts: 4
    Options
    I just got her Mat method and cardio dance yesterday. I have already done her mat workout yesterday and today I also tried the cardio last night and am planing to do it again tonight. I love the mat workout!!! The dance will be a challenge thank goodness I have a dance background to help. I log both under cardio cause you can name it plus put in calorie burn, and even tho mat is not cardio I still burn a lot of calories. I wear a new balance heart rate monitor. Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other to keep it up! :)
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've been during her mat program as well. I don't log it, but I have my calories set higher to reflect that. I haven't done her cardio workout, because I'd prefer to do bicycling, walking, or jogging.

She recommends doing the mat program 4 - 6 days a week, which means I'll do it on back to back days. I'll follow up the mat program with about 30 minutes of cardio, because cardio is essential for someone like me with my high blood sugar numbers.

Hope you have great results!
  • amcgltdchix
    Options
    I do her mat workout on occasion. I personally am not fond the way she teaches. Not fond of her cardio dance either. She also likes you to ingest less than 1,000 calories per day.

:( Sorry I'm not much help on the positive side.
  • thatusernameislareadytaken
    Options
    Hi all...
    I'm on hipcentric. I was well into the program and had lost inches. I then had a friend come stay with me for a month and so it was way too difficult to eat clean. So I started over and now on day 10.

I noticed HUGE differences within only a few days. And if you keep eating clean, then it stays off.

If you love dancing it is great. I get a great cardio workout with my own music. I also use Sean T Hip Hop or Rockin Body. And lastly I have Step UP revolution Workout. The dance off is crazy cardio. So I do those for 30 minutes each day.

I'm trying to brush my teeth and have a huge glass of water when I get cravings. If I'm out, I chew strong flavour strawberry gum. I carry green or white tea around with me everywhere so I don't get low on energy.

My skin has also changed. Not just my body. I am now in love with beetroot juice. Never thought that would happen. I felt sick the first time I had it. Trick was to put lots of ice cubes in it.

I change the food a little but only by the way I cook it. After 3 weeks- I couldnt bear to eat anymore pureed food. So I dry baked the sweet potato. And eat the corn seperatley (but at the same meal).

I can't always eat ALL the food she recommends in one day. I am 120 lbs, 5'2" and I find that it is a lot of food. I never ate that 'quantity' of food before. Maybe I ate higher calories- but not that much. I just need to be careful that I eat at the right times. If I have to go out (say for shopping), I am sure to eat right before I leave for energy. Otherwise, yes, it would be possible to become lightheaded.

I feel that I have had many days where I went to the other extreme of eating too much junk- like too much cheesecake after dinner or something- and so now in order to find balance again I need to venture to the other side of the scale and actually shock my body into behaving.

As long as I keep being active as she recommends an hour each day (totally normal) the weight won't come back on. I am not going to binge again. I am proud of what changes I am creating. Clothes shopping is more fun! I don't have bat wing arms anymore- unlike the rest of my family who are convinced it is heriditary and can't be changed.

I want a tiny dancers body! and this is actually working. If some of the wealthiest people in the world (celebrities) have access to whatever program they choose- and they choose Tracy- then I am happy to follow along.

So, hope to hear from others that are just as happy about their experience!

:happy:
  • maevestaunton
    maevestaunton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi @thatusernameislareadytaken I know you posted 7 years ago! But I read this today and found it really inspiring. I am just starting out on my Tracy Anderson Method journey and find it really good.
    I have not followed her food advice, have not seen where she posts that yet. How is going now?
    To the original poster, I will put her floor workout down as 20 mins cardio, but this is just an estimate.
  • nocean03
    nocean03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just saw you post. I just started Tracy Anderson’s streaming workout last week. So far, so good. I know she says workout 6 times per week, but I haven’t done that. I worked out 4x last week and only twice so far this week. How are you liking it?
  • nocean03
    nocean03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also, I know that she is controversial but my thoughts are, especially in the situation we are all in, anything that gets people moving and trying to take care of yourself cannot be bad. 😊
  • lizzifengshui
    lizzifengshui Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @nocean03 same here, just started the Tracy Anderson workouts. Been doing bodypump for quite a while but find hers really tough. Seems to address completely different muscles and also the high repetitions are a killer. Enjoy I’m sure there will be results 👍🙂