Every day is a new beginning. Please give me your support.

Options
wymanic
wymanic Posts: 62 Member
When I started in May 2012, I was super keen to lose the baby weight from my son who was nearly two at that time. After he finally started sleeping through the night, I was dedicated, supportive to others and had great success losing almost 25lbs--halfway to my goal! But then I hit a plateau and sat stuck there for almost 4 months with no real change no matter what I did--eat more, eat less, exercise more, exercise less, exercise different, drink green tea...etc, I tried them all. Then my mother got sick in America and I flew over to spend three months with my family before she passed away unexpectedly at the age of 50 from the type of lung cancer non-smokers get. It was awful. That was in March 2013. I can honestly say that the last 6 months have been the worst time of my life. The stress of the whole situation, flying backwards and forwards from England with my two small children and spending numerous nights in hospital rooms eating fast food, etc. led to me not tracking, falling off the wagon, and putting back on 22lbs of my progress. So now I'm back (without my mom) but really wanting to get healthy for me and my young family. If anything, I've learnt that we should make the most of the time we have on this Earth and I don't want to spend however long I have left feeling huge and unhappy. I want to be able to keep up and play with my children and enjoy being their mom. I promise to myself that today is the first day of a new beginning. I'd love for anyone who is serious and supportive to please be my friend and I will too try to support you in your journey. I will do it this year--no more excuses.

Replies

• wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a hell of an awful year! You're in good shape, though, if you've made the leap back to caring about your own health. Many of us won't do it for ourselves, but will for our family. Welcome back and best wishes on your journey back to good health. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • mxcum167
    mxcum167 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in I'll try and help out in my own small way. :smile: Friend request sent.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your mom, it does sound like you've had a really tough time lately and I'm sure you've done the best you can. Sending FR and positive vibes your way!
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll lend a supporting hand as much as I can. Friend request sent!
  • KSBeautyintheBuff
    KSBeautyintheBuff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your mother and the struggles you were facing the past few months. I can relate as 2012 was my rock bottom year and I allowed it to take a toll on my body and mind. I eventually turned it around and it sounds like you are in the right direction in getting back to a place of peace and comfort. Your journey to be healthier for yourself and your family is going to be a tough one, but never ever give up! No matter how hard it is or how it impossible it seems, the fact is you have taken steps forward in getting closer to your goals. Set backs will happen but they aren't permanent...keep your head up and I'm always here for support if you need it!

Kristine
  • danivee33
    danivee33 Posts: 33
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 30 and have no kids (except a cat and a betta fish, lol. I love animals) but I lost the same amount as you and then gained it all back and this is my second time around as well, if you have a look at my diary before adding me please ignore the unlogged days this week as I am just finishing up my vacation. I will get completely back on track with logging and exercise (I swim twice a week) starting Wednesday when I get back to work.