Lifting success for ladies

Options

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You look great ! Ok I must know where you bought the dress and shoes...love them !!

Shoes came from TjMaxx and the dress was like 10 or 15 bucks from a tourist shop on the Las Vegas strip. I've never worn the dress in public--- It's so short!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    In for the irate cardio bunnies.

Great job ladies.

I haven't spotted them today so far. Are you sure you're not talking about high horse riding lifting girls instead? Because I do see one of those here.

The difference between me and them is that I don't prance over to their threads and post self-important nonsense (not to mention lots of fake photos) about how much better I am than they are.

No, you just limit the self-important nonsense to lifting threads and talk about being better than them. That is much better option I'd say.

This is a thread about success via lifting weights. It is absolutely the proper venue to celebrate that. At no point in my post did I claim to be better than anyone. Nice job hijacking a thread that has nothing to do with you, though.

Oh relax. I am agreeing with you. I did made the mistake of thinking this was a thread to celebrate talking about irate cardio bunnies though. Kinda like you I guess. Its ok, we can both be a little wrong.
  • vjohn04
    Options

Oh relax. I am agreeing with you. I did made the mistake of thinking this was a thread to celebrate talking about irate cardio bunnies though. Kinda like you I guess. Its ok, we can both be a little wrong.

Your insult makes no sense. at all.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Your insult makes no sense. at all.

Maybe because it wasn't an insult.

But we're getting off topic.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Great job ladies.

I haven't spotted them today so far. Are you sure you're not talking about high horse riding lifting girls instead? Because I do see one of those here.

The difference between me and them is that I don't prance over to their threads and post self-important nonsense (not to mention lots of fake photos) about how much better I am than they are.

No, you just limit the self-important nonsense to lifting threads and talk about being better than them. That is much better option I'd say.

was this really necessary?:frown:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    vjohn, I have a girl crush on you now. You look FANTASTIC!!

I agree!
    So fab looking!

Crank & Rebecca look awesome as well!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Im a cardio bunny (but only cos i've too much fat to lose first) !

BUT I think these ladies look amazing! Great work girlies, check out those pins!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You look great ! Ok I must know where you bought the dress and shoes...love them !!

Shoes came from TjMaxx and the dress was like 10 or 15 bucks from a tourist shop on the Las Vegas strip. I've never worn the dress in public--- It's so short!

What, you so need to wear that out....you look great !!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great results. Looking gorgeous ladies!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Feel free to see my post about my success with lifting. Also feel free to add me as a friend!

Good luck! Lifting is amazing :) I love having a butt now lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/935378-a-lady-who-lifts-1-year-of-progress-pics
  • vjohn04
    Options
    Feel free to see my post about my success with lifting. Also feel free to add me as a friend!

Good luck! Lifting is amazing :) I love having a butt now lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/935378-a-lady-who-lifts-1-year-of-progress-pics

Fantastic results, you look amazing! Great progress in one year! LOVE to read these kind of stories!
  • Mjandjt
    Mjandjt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to join you all! You all look fantastic...hard work paying off! And VJ...buy some hot shorts for under it if you must...but you HAVE to wear that dress! You look great in it!!!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Great job ladies.

This is a thread about success via lifting weights. It is absolutely the proper venue to celebrate that. At no point in my post did I claim to be better than anyone. Nice job hijacking a thread that has nothing to do with you, though.

:) I can see why people like you Taunto
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    Not really a success story thread but it has many lifting girls in it and their blogs/success thread links so you might find useful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy

And while not a lady myself, I encourage you to look into stronglifts if you're just starting out and lookup as many form videos as possible :)

Thank you for sharing!! Lol that was great! Love sarcasm!!
  • kmeybs12
    kmeybs12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Before:
    156 no workouts for 10 years.

70dbcb51-e8e4-4013-acb6-2babf51ef8ef_zps01b330d4.jpg

4 mos into lifting: 141 -ate at maint. 1900 cal
    compound lifts- the big 5 with dumbbells - as heavy as I could. 30 min workouts

24265a9d-5c1f-4ce3-a274-a8029389b5f2_zps0d33ef87.jpg

IMG_20130414_202407_zps881fec5f.jpg

Current pic from today (bulking) weight at 146 average 2500 cal per day:
    compound lifts- the big 5 - as heavy as I can.
    9c2615e3-1652-43de-a099-ed354adc3af3_zps9a1147b8.jpg

30dab3b4-2987-49ee-9695-db6739948036_zps4e8b6cc6.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING! What is the big 5???
  • greetingsliv
    greetingsliv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just began lifting a month ago. Although I'm on a strict diet, my weight is climbing upward do to the muscle mass I'm gaining quickly which is being facilitated with protein powder, alot. I should say I'm a vegan. So I was deficient in protein. My trainer has reassured me to not worry about the weight gain and that as the fat begins to burn, the scale will go the other way.

Although discouraged by the scale, on the flip side I feel amazing, strong, athletic, more stamina, thinner, better posture. I sleep great, 8 hours. I guess that's when my muscles are repairing. Sometimes I want to go back to starving myself but I realize that I'll just be destroying muscle tissue, again, and feel like crap, again, and not look so great. So I've commited to weighing in every week, no matter; stayng with my trainer when I put in my heaviest of lifting; jogging 6 days per week; trying differnent circuit classes; and of course developing my own lifting routine which feels a little awkward sometimes but I get it done. My new big committment is to focus on my core strengthening EVERY DAY.

I am a big fan of bodybuilding.com. It's got some great excercise ideas and motivational stories. I have developed a fantasy of sculpting my body into a female fitness chick. We'll see. It begins with a dream.

Keep on lifting!

Liv :flowerforyou:
  • greetingsliv
    greetingsliv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lovely Lifting Ladies!

Can we begin a bodybuilding group?

Liv :flowerforyou:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, ladies.
  • vjohn04
    Options

YOU LOOK AMAZING! What is the big 5???

Thank you for the compliment!

Bench press
    Deadlift
    Squat
    Row
    Overhead Press

I also do some ancillary work, and did a little more ancillary work when I was using dumbbells too.
    My diary is open, so you can view my exercise diary too if you'd like. I keep all of my strength training workouts in there.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    vjohn, I have a girl crush on you now. You look FANTASTIC!!

ditto!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!