Hoping to go from FAT MOM to FIT MOM!

Options
I'm a 30 year old mom of four beautiful girls...starting my weight loss journey 2 years after I've had my twins. I have no more excuses my twins are two and still saying to my self its baby weight, yup in denial. So Im hoping I reach my goal weight before my twins turn 4 which is next year August. I don't want to not be in the picture anymore LITERALY I hate taking pics with my girls not to mention my husband. In every event when I look at the pics its like I wasn't even there, its sad and its time to set the example for my girls. I hope they will be proud of me!!

Replies

• Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was in your shoes last year. I am the mom of 5 kids 20 months - 9 years. I've lost 65lbs in the last year and went from a size 14 to a size 2. I know what it feels like to hate pictures and have no energy and wanted to set a better example to my kids. Feel free to add me!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you like. And I bet your girls are proud of you no matter what
  • mamaflorlpz
    mamaflorlpz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My friend (just turned 30, mom of 2) had great success using the Bikini Body Mommy blueprint. Here's a link:http://www.bikinibodymommy.com/
    Her name is Ashley and she was so inspired by her weight loss/transformation that she started a blog called Whole Foods, New Body. Look it up on Google, she has great recipes and fitness ideas. YOU can do it, too! Best wishes on your journey!!!:smile:
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    First I have to say, congrats on being a mom of 4, I have 2 and I know you have your hands full. In regards to your profile picture, if I could say one thing, its this:

You may not recognize that girl in your profile picture right now, but get yourself started on eating right, following a workout calendar or regime and make the choice to live a healthy lifestyle and that picture you speak of will SOON become your FAVORITE picture because it will show you how far you have come....

Make the choice, and you CAN! I've witnessed and supported many to do what you are setting out to do.... let me know if you need an accountability partner. YOU'VE GOT THIS!
  • mamaflorlpz
    Options
    Wow that is amazing!!! I hope to accomplish as much as you have in a year :smile:
  • mamaflorlpz
    Options
    Feels awesome to have all of this support..Great Motivation!!!! Thanks everyone Im hoping this will keep me motivated with future workouts. Any of you have tips on what you do if you don't feel like working out after work??
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Schedule your workouts a day in advance like an appointment... Get your workout in before you allow yourself to do anything else, even if you DONT WANT TO. Give yourself 5 minutes into it and you will be so happy you forced yourself. No excuses, learn to mentally change that voice that's telling you "im too tired, I just want to relax" to "I've got this" "the sooner I complete it, the sooner the results" 'I CAN" this lifestyle is 100% mental. Get that mindset right, talk to yourself and just do it EVEN when you don't want to...
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was where you are last year...probably weighed a bit more than you though....so i totally understand the whole picture thing and wantng to set a good example for your kids. Over the ast year i have lost close to 60lbs and went from a size 16/18 to a 6. With hard work and dedication, you can make this happen! I always tell people that it's like quiting smoking (to which i also did over 4 years ago)...if you want it bad enough, you can make it happen! Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • Dkido
    Dkido Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely sounds familiar - also a mom in my 30's with 2 kids 8 and 4. The baby weight excuse doesn't hold water anymore! Really hoping to stay motivated long enough to finally reach my fitness goals, which also includes "being in the picture" with the kids and having the strength and energy to be the fun mom who plays, and not the one who has to rest on the couch while they play somewhere nearby. Feel free to add me to your network!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!! I can totally relate! I am a single mom of two kids, and usually tag my lack of motivation to my busy life. And the picture thing...ugh...totally right there with you. I, too, was hoping to have my goal me next August before my daughter's birthday! (don't pay attention to my ticker...I made my goals small steps, that's why the number is so small!) Anyway, you can feel free to add me if you like! I log every day....
  • strawberrysweettea
    Options
    I'm in the same boat you are - in my 30's with two kids ages 3 and 2. I realize I'm not in any of the pictures - have no desire to be looking like this. I dread anytime I'm 'tagged' on facebook! I've always put off exercise because I work in a warehouse where I'm on my feet on hard concrete for 8-10 hours a day loading 20-50 lb boxes on trucks. Amazing how I still manage to pack on the weight! I hate how I feel everyday and so I've decided it's time to make some changes.Feel free to add me to your network to stay motivated!
  • MariG25
    MariG25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 32 mommy of 3. Checkout my profile and see if you want to as me =)
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Feels awesome to have all of this support..Great Motivation!!!! Thanks everyone Im hoping this will keep me motivated with future workouts. Any of you have tips on what you do if you don't feel like working out after work??

Think big, start SMALL. Start with changes that are easy to keep up with. You can add more as time goes on. Too many people jump in and go from zero to 60 and then find out they cannot keep the pace. When I first got into exercise many years ago (like 23) I was doing maybe 60-90 minutes total a week. Now I am more like 10-12 hours a week. But that came over time
  • mamaflorlpz
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and you are right it is 100% mental I think im the only one that was keeping myself from working out and getting back in shape and was just making up excuses for myself.
  • mamaflorlpz
    Options
    Think big, start SMALL. Start with changes that are easy to keep up with. You can add more as time goes on. Too many people jump in and go from zero to 60 and then find out they cannot keep the pace. When I first got into exercise many years ago (like 23) I was doing maybe 60-90 minutes total a week. Now I am more like 10-12 hours a week. But that came over time
    [/quote]

I think this is great adivise to start small!! I'm trying to keep up with my husband sometimes and feel a little overwhelmed.
  • MariG25
    MariG25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 32 mommy of 3. Checkout my profile and see if you want to add me
  • EmmaLouiseClayCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Mum to a 3yr old boy :) feel free to add me.
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Better late than never! Denial can be tricky, I can relate. Your first step should be organizing your fridge to prevent snacking by always having healthy options available. Also, start going for walks everyday. Don`t see it as a chore, try to enjoy the sights and sounds.