are diet green teas good?

spicygal123
spicygal123 Posts: 26
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
For last few weeks, I cut down on my soda completely..stopped even diet pepsi/coke etc.

Instead..I have been drinking 3-4 bottles of (20 oz each) Diet Iced nestea , or diet lipton green day per day.

But was still wondering...r they worth drinking? :p

thanks!

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Check how much sugar is in that tea! I brew my own tea and then just stick them in water bottles in the frig if you like them cold and on the go. A lot of those pre-bottled tea's are loaded with sugar and other crap. Your better off making your own from good old tea bags that are 100% natural. And if your wondering if it's worth drinking first check what's in it, then anything natural is better then soda!
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Just be cautious of the artificial sweetner "Aspartame". It is very bad for your health in the long term.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    I wuld say they are just as bad, pretty much the same deal as diet pop. YOu can make your own green tea and chill it with some lemon, I would drink caffine free. Its not as sweet but you adjust to the taste, our bodies dont need artificial sweetners and sugar anyway :)
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Just because it says tea on the front doesn't mean it's good on the inside!

I meet my girlfriends for coffee once every 2 weeks or so for a catch up, we go to a big chain because we like it. Just last month I noticed they started serving different fruit flavoured iced teas and thought wow, wonderful! But before I went again on Friday I checked out their nutritional info online so I could choose something I knew I could fit in to my cal count and the iced tea was worse than some of their creamy coffee's! So just goes to show, keep an eye on the nutritional info and don't be conned by the fact that the name sounds healthy!
  • i say make ur own!!! i make my own iced tea and i love it.
    only ingredients?
    TEA
    WATER
    bit of honey (optional)

those bottles of drinks ur chugging will only make u bloated, give u headaches and have u loaded with artificial sweeteners.

dont get me wrong... I LOVE MY occasional COKE ZERO!!! and diet pepsi =]
    but ur drinking 3-4 bottles daily!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Buy a kettle and brew your own. It's a great drink without the sweeteners and another way of making your 8 glasses of water a day.

Mirii
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Those types of bottled teas are not the best for you. It would def be better if you brewed your own and if you needed to sweeten it use Stevia. Black or Green tea is the best to use.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    The DIET Lipton green tea has no sugar. Personally, I stopped drinking them because they gave me headaches. I drink Lipton green tea from the tea bags. They come in different flavors now. A great pick me up at 3pm.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    I try to stay away from anything that says diet. its usually just a gimmick i do drink fresh brewed green tea and use stevia to sweeten yum yum!
This discussion has been closed.