Insanity Video 3/4 Times A Week?

Options
Hey everyone! :wink:
I'm trying to lose my last 30 pounds in the most efficient and healthy way possible, I've wasted too much time trying out things, then stopping and starting over out of boredom. :cry:

This time I'm trying to reach my goal for good!

I'm thinking about doing some HIIT Cardio by using the Insanity Pure Cardio video 3 or 4 (if i'm feeling ambitious) times a week, along with weight training (stronglifts 5x5) for the other 3 days. Does this sound reasonable? Will it produce the results I'm going for? (losing FAT?)

Also, how can I stop starting over from boredom?

Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Funny we have the same name (Tiffany) and the same goals (30 more lbs). I have workout ADD too I find it difficult to stay committed to the same thing for long periods of time. I think your program could be pretty successful if you are consistent and keep a close eye on what you eat. If you have the full Insanity program why not switch up the cardio videos to help ensure you don't get bored? Prior to me starting Insanity I would do a mash up of videos from my collection to get in my cardio but I would try to make sure they were similar in format (HIIT) and length (30-45 minutes). For instance, a weeks worth of workouts may look like this:

Sunday:Rest
    Monday: The Firm Ignite and Turbocharge from the Fit Express Program
    Tuesday: Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30
    Wednesday: 20 minutes on elliptical or treadmill & Windsor pilates ab or Rest
    Thursday: TaeBo
    Friday: 2 mile outdoor run & Shortcut to Flat Abs
    Saturday:Rest

I lost my first 30 lbs with this kind of erratic working out. I'm trying to stick with Insanity til the end but sometimes I just want to do something different. Good luck girl!
  • InsanityMan84
    Options
    I too have gotten into the pattern for stopping and starting something new or starting over. I usually get fed up after a time of 2 of that, then stick with it the 3rd time - whatever I choose to do. I have a several of the Beachbody programs and have found P90X to be the best at losing fat, at least so far. There are a few I haven't done yet.

I don't know much about strong lifts, so I can't speak to that. I have completed Insanity once before and am currently doing it again - just started.

You know, I was going to say something else, but instead I'm going to say the following: People have all sorts of excuses as to why they don't finish what they start and 'boredom,' I believe is one of yours (as it is for many people). I'm not saying it to be mean, but it just seems that if one wants a result, they will challenge themselves to get it and give up the crutch they use. Boredom is a thought, an idea, not a reality. It's one of the excuses we use when we don't really want to do something. If that's the case, just be real about it or risk lying to yourself, which is the worst person one can lie to. i don't believe in boredom, because you're always doing something, even if it's just laying there - the secret is you must learn to BE and not label it.

With all that said, I'd challenge you to do a complete program. More importantly, challenge yourself to do it. Maybe take some time to test a few workouts from a few different programs, then choose one program that'll challenge your mind and body as you do the same thing. Whether it's a Beachbody program or one of you're own, it'll only do so much if you're not fueling your body the right way - so challenge yourself in that area to.

Let me just say that when i completed P90X for the first time, it was a fantastic feeling of accomplishment. Then when I did Insanity, I felt it again, but it wasn't until I did Insanity:Asylum Vol 1, that I knew what it felt like to truly push myself beyond what I thought my limits where. This inspires me every time I workout now, as does the idea that one should ALWAYS do the best that they can or they risk messing with their mind; with feelings of regret. Now, when I exercise, I don't waste a shred of energy on not doing the best I can and I wish for you and others to do the same :)

The weight and the fat will come off if you stick with a solid workout program and nutrition. The real question is, will you accept the challenge to do so?
  • tiff2major
    tiff2major Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I wish you luck with insanity!
    I actually completed 31/2 weeks of insanity about 3 separate times... and quit because I got bored! lol
    I'm going to try the erratic schedule that you came up with, except I'd like to lift weights in between my cardio days.
    Thanks!
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I certainly hope you achieve the results you're looking for!