New leaf.

Options
I really want to change up my workouts. i currently do 30-45 minute cardio of my choice 4x a week. and strength training 2x a week consisting of cable pec fly 4 sets of 10 reps 120 lbs, cable machine bench press 2-3 sets of 10 110 lbs, and abs crunch machine 4 sets of 10 120 lbs. what do i need to add or subtract. my main focus for now is weight loss but i do want to look toned and somewhat muscular when i get to my goal weight of 160. PLEASE HELP!!!??? thanks in advance.

Replies

• WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you eat at a deficit and lift, plus cardio, you'll be fine. Just stay focused, keep in mind that slow and steady is the way to go. In my humble opinion if you are under your daily calorie goal and doing regular strength and cardio workouts, you can only win. You'll be losing weight, improving your cardiovascular fitness and your muscle tone and strength.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'm doing it's called Hiit 100's (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html). I still do cardio before and sometimes after the workout. I've been dropping weight at a good rate but Still have my muscle.

I love it. You might want to check it out
  • KES71GEM
    KES71GEM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Waiman has great advice. Sounds like you're on track. Remember to work all muscle groups as you lose the weight. You can always alternate the days you work a certain group of muscles. Some choose one for upper, then a day for lower. I personally try to do a "sampler" every time I hit the gym so I'm working as many of those muscles as I can. Whatever works for you, but it definitely sounds like you're on the right track. Don't second guess yourself just because it hasn't happened overnight. Trust me, judging by that pic, you ARE making it happen!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your legs. They contain large muscle groups, which will help you burn more calories than just small muscles worked at a time. Try compound moves like Squats, lunges & deadlifts.