ranting....as always

Options
I feel like the most negative person on this site. Am I the only one to work my azz off, eat within my calories needed but still stall on the scale? Whats up with that, granted I don't make the BEST choices I could be making but hey, calories in - calories out is the name of the game so WHY AM I getting on the scale and seeing the same crappy numbers?!!!

I got some bad news this week and thats really had me spiral out of control with drinking alcohol, eating cookies, crackers and whatever else I can get my hands on. I am working out everyday but I feel like its in vain. I just want to go to mcdonalds and order the whole menu and just delete my profile, and never log in again!

Oh gosh I want some cookies, chips, icecream, chocolate turtles, pizza, lasagna, mac and cheese and a whole 2 liter of pepsi today ON ICE! I have the money and the mind frame to go and get it. Its just a matter of me resisting the temptation.

I started smoking cigs again. Thats a bummer... ok i am done ranting. I am an example of what you SHOULDNT be when trying to lose weight. take notes :(

sidenote: Dont u just hate it when you notice someone has lost tons of weight, and then you click on their profile to see what they've been eating and THEY DONT SHARE! Whats there to hide, were all in this together. GRR!!

Replies

• Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I understand everything you are saying!! It is very frustrating when you are doing everything right and nothing changes. But you have to realize this is a process. Just like school or learning a new skill. We have to learn how to eat right and manage our time to exercise. My main problem is I eat when i'm bored and I tend to stop working out when it gets too hard. Both very very bad.

Stay motivated because even if I dont see a change on the scale I feel better when I eat right and exercise. I tend to be sluggish and just want to sit around when I don't excerise.

Stick with it and we can do it!!
  • mizminor
    Options
    I totally feel that way too! I haven't been logged on in forever. I have been working out really consistently with these DVD's I found I like and totally feel like I'm getting stronger. I ignore the scale for a few months, b/c I feel strong. I get on the scale and WTF!!! I'm up about 10 pounds! Seriously. I have never worked out before in my life and I finally found a DVD set I am doing - but it doesn't matter. I am not the type of person who can severely limit my calories and exercise. Bleh. Pass the brownies.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are SO not the only person who's doing her best and not seeing a lot of improvement on the scales!

My scales have been bouncing between 243 and 245 for almost 2 weeks now, and I"m way too early in this game to be hitting a plateau. If it weren't for the weekly measurements going down, I'd think I was just doing all this counting and exercising for fun. Haha!

But I do Feel better. I have more energy. I look (a little) better in my clothes. Most important, my blood sugar has been normal for 15 straight days and my blood pressure has come down enough to drop one of my meds.

Good things are happening. The scale just hasn't got the memo yet. :smile:
  • dreamm
    dreamm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don’t give up, keep it going. I hit a stall for a few weeks. Same as you doing everything I should stayed below my calorie count. Started to lose weight again now, glad I didn’t hit the high cal foods. Take time to reflect on why you’re doing this. It will be worth it in the end.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Have you taken any measurements? I was so frustrated by the scale not moving, so I started taking measurements instead. Even though the scale doesn't seem to be moving, I have noticed that my measurements are on a consistent downward swing. I do my hips, waist, thighs, arms, neck, and body fat percentage. With the body fat percentage, it's not perfectly accurate, but when you see how much fat you are losing (and how much muscle you must be gaining if the scale isn't moving) it's really encouraging.
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should measurebecause the scale sucks! I'm soo fed up and I just want to lock myself in a room and binge all day or hit every drive thru in my city and eat all the good stuff! I'm tripping out I guess I need to pull out the tape measured and bank on that but in the meantime thanks for listening it felt very good to vent this all out
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @ Malonemx hang in there and maybe you should not eliminate any foods from your diet just limit the intake and go kid size if you do decide to get some McDonald or whatever and still stay within your daily calorie intake.

If you have not taken your measurement do so and I am sure your spirits will be lifted because pounds are not all that benefit we also benefit from loss of body fat.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't piss you off, haha. My friends call me the most optimistic person they know.. a pessimist's nightmare. But hopefully I'll just make you feel better and not annoyed.

Don't give up! Say no to the junk even though it's so tempting and especially comforting when you are down. But try to remember why you started this process in the first place, think about your goals, think about BEING there.

You have 34lbs to go and tons of people on this site cheering you on, even if you don't think you have what it takes to continue, just talk to any of us and we will tell you otherwise.

Weight loss can be tricky. To get the scale moving down, maybe try mixing up your exercise routine. Try something new to shock your body so your weight loss can continue. Sometimes you can't go by the scale. You may be losing inches but gaining muscle, therefore the scale is saying you weigh more which can be discouraging.

Buy a food scale if you don't already have one. I bought one for $12 and love it. I know exactly how much I am actually eating rather than putting some food in a bowl and thinking, "I think this is 100g.."

Keep going at it. No one said this was going to be easy!
  • lizzie888
    lizzie888 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dear Malonemx, It is so hard to think " long term", I know. I've only in the last 2 years finally got my head around that. Lost a ton of weight then plateau for A YEAR!!! while exercising!!!

Wanted to give a tip or two.

Why not visit your doctor? Really, why not? Even if no thyroid or other problems are detected, you are adding to your weight loss team by letting your doctor on board. My doctor actually had 2 solid peices of advice for me. I hadn't really expected that...I just wanted to gripe with her. Also, the effort of making the appointment and really going to the doctor, tells that portion of your mind that is trying to break you (smoking, junk food) that your are being proactive in fighting against it. It's a boast for that if nothing else.

It is important to have a reportoire of other tools to use to keep us on board when the scale numbers are disappointing. I keep track of my minutes of cardio. At first I could run only one minute...after 6 months I was up to 50 minutes on the cardio machine. This was happening while I had a weight loss slump!! So I was psyched up anyways. So measuring your fitness can really help.

Apparently you are a good journaler. That is good. I am not but I will try harder. That's why I signed up for this program. I need as many methods as I can get.

One more thing. Stress not only makes you crave fats and comfort foods, stress also messes with your metabolim. Accept that so you won't be disgusted with yourself for being "WEAK". You probably have your own favorite low calorie yummy foods. EAT THEM!

One last thing, An illustration about stress. A fish can kill an eagle. How? When an eagle swoops down to get a fish in the water while the fish is heading down deeper, the eagle CAN DROWN IF IT WON'T LET THE FISH GO!! You are mightier than your problems. Is there a problem that you can just let go and not get dragged under?

All the best to you. Thank you for letting me write a bit. It helps me. Lizzie
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I guess I needed to hear everyones point of view. I am not as optimistic when it comes to weight loss when I know I should be. Everyone up here is so positive. i am generally a very positive person in lifes everyday tasks but when it comes to weight loss I am not the life of the party. I tend to be so negative about it since Ive screwed up so many times.... I thank God for this site because i doubt I would have lost the weight Ive shed if it werent for this site. Thanks for the postive feedback, now I am done ranting. Stay in touch to see where I am in a month. Most likely I will be atleast 5 lbs lighter or even MORE! LETS GET IT!!!:happy: :happy: