Use the bananas before it's too late

Options
MrsMck22
MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
Hi everyone,

I have 3 big bananas that are almost too ripe to do anythimg with, but i would love to make some banana bread or cupcakes or something. Anything low cal and healthy would be great! Any ideas??

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    When mine get to that stage, I peel and cut them in to quarters then throw them in a freezer bag and freeze them for smoothies or whatever I want to mash them into at a later date. That way I don't have to rush!
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just freeze the whole banana in the peel. I use it for bread later.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    freeze for protein shakes... cut them up for greek yogurt pancakes
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/01/08/breakfast-oatmeal-cupcakes-to-go/

Just made these oatmeal cupcakes and they use 2.5 cups of mashed overripe bananas.....they're delicious and make part of a quick breakfast on the go. I freeze them and take them on the road with me with an apple/apple sauce. They're also good iced with a little peanut butter!
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I like making oatmeal bars. The base is 1 banana for every cup of oatmeal and then you add in whatever you want. I'll make it with dates or apples and brown sugar or cranberries. There are lots of options. I typically use 2 bananas and 2 cups old fashioned oats, mix all the ingredients together and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I smush 'em up into my oatmeal or blend them with milk and protein powder.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sprinkle cinnamon on bananas, bake in oven 375 for 20 min, cover with foil poke pencil hole, remove foil last 5 min, serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream or sour cream
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is a paleo recipe but I promise it is the best banana bread ever! I'm not paleo but I love this recipe. http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/paleo-banana-bread/
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    When mine get to that stage, I peel and cut them in to quarters then throw them in a freezer bag and freeze them for smoothies or whatever I want to mash them into at a later date. That way I don't have to rush!

This ^^^^ the key is to make sure you peel them first!! I even eat them frozen :-) like a little icicle
  • sdav1997
    sdav1997 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze a ripe banana and then throw them in a blender or food processor. It will look like ice cream. Mock banana ice cream for about 100 cal.
    Also take a banana and mash it, add 1/4 c. egg whites, sprinkle cinnamon and/or vanilla. mix and make dollar size pancakes.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Banananananananananas mashed with peanut butter and honey...EET it
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Not the response you are looking for...

I usually give them to a co-worker or friend who likes them that way. :) if I forget - trash it goes!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    AZ summer means green bananas or almost overripe by the time you get home from the store! I just discovered the joy of chunky monkey protein shakes, so I bought bananas, peeled, cut in chunks, and froze for shakes...

(1 banana, 1TBS natural PB, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, a few ice cubes, blend and enjoy...)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bump for reminder to try the paleo banana bread
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze a ripe banana and then throw them in a blender or food processor. It will look like ice cream. Mock banana ice cream for about 100 cal.
    Also take a banana and mash it, add 1/4 c. egg whites, sprinkle cinnamon and/or vanilla. mix and make dollar size pancakes.

I do this all the time. it tastes great. doesn't need any sugar or any other sweets. tastes great!
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal with bananas. I add PB or orher nuts and make this with other fruit.
    There are tons of recipes if you google it.
    http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/baked-banana-oatmeal
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

that's what I do.