Strength training = Zero calories??

Options
How come there are no calories associated with strength training? I did 20 minutes of weight training, but when i inputted the reps/set/weight, I burned zero calories according the site.

Am I inputting it incorrectly?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Click the HELP link at the top of each page and then type "strength training". The first topic that comes up should answer your question.
  • Cfleming2007
    Options
    The Strength training list is just so you can keep track of your reps and weights. As far as I can tell anyway. If you go under cardiovascular there is a strength training exercise there and if you input how long it will give you a calories burned total. :)
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The Strength training list is just so you can keep track of your reps and weights. As far as I can tell anyway. If you go under cardiovascular there is a strength training exercise there and if you input how long it will give you a calories burned total. :)

That is how I do it too. Under cardio, strength training.
  • jashkinos
    jashkinos Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone...can you tell I'm a newbie?? :smile:
  • Cfleming2007
    Options
    If you don't ask you will never know! Don't worry we were all there at some point too. Congratulations on making the decision to make a change! Good luck with your journey. Add me if you want a friend. :happy:
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    when it comes to calories on strength training..you almost have to wear a HRM and just log it as "cardio" I have learned this. On an hour long session of weights, you should have your heart rate up high enough to burn a good amount of cals.

I tried doing this the same way with logging reps, but in reality, logging it as cardio is a better way to keep track.

Just my opinion.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    when it comes to calories on strength training..you almost have to wear a HRM and just log it as "cardio" I have learned this. On an hour long session of weights, you should have your heart rate up high enough to burn a good amount of cals.

I tried doing this the same way with logging reps, but in reality, logging it as cardio is a better way to keep track.

Just my opinion.

no no no, hrm are NOT for strength training. they are only accurate for steady state cardio.

:flowerforyou:
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Just my opinion.

no no no, hrm are NOT for strength training. they are only accurate for steady state cardio.

I have a Bodybugg and I wear an HRM/ I do single sets of a 100 reps or more and both log more or less the same burn.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Just my opinion.

so you're telling me that your heart rate doesn't go up while doing Pull moves?? IE Back exercises? Arm exercises?? HMMM thats really interesting because I burn a ton of calories doing these.