Workout Meals

Options
I've been doing some reading and they say that you should have a pre workout meal and a post workout meal containing protein and simple carbs. I was just wondering, if you ate a lot before the workout, do you still have to eat post workout??? Thanks for the help ^^

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat pre workout, and you do not need to eat post workout. Fit your daily calories into as many or as few meals as you'd like, and eat them whenever you want. That being said, it may be helpful to eat pre workout for some people to give them proper energy for the workout, but as far as body composition, it does not make a difference. Meal timing and frequency is preference. The post workout feeding window has not been scientifically proven.
  • brynnlantz
    Options
    I eat before hand depending on when I workout. If I workout before work in the morning then I don't eat, I just get up drink some water and workout. If I'm doing like a 5K race I will have a banana or something similar to eat beforehand. I normally have a protein shake after I workout or some type of snack.

I think it depends on your body and how you feel, some people can't workout on an empty stomach and some people feel sick if they eat before they workout.

You could try different variations of eating before and after and see how you feel. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, just do whatever feels good for your body.