woohoo..hiked 10 miles.

Options
clairedrose
clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
When I started this journey, I could not manage 10 minutes on the treadmill or even work in the garden. I was left out of all the fun activities with my husband and friends. I still have a long way to go, but this hike was one of the rewards I promised myself two years, 20 + pounds and countless workouts ago. Next goals reach 180, do FULL range lunges. Reward...bike ride all the way to town. I will be 60 next summer, and I want to live well. Thanks for listening to my blather.:smile:

Replies

• andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not blather! Good stuff. I love a good hike myself. Usually with my husband but sometimes by myself, in a local park that is very safe and well populated. It's an awesome feeling to be out there in nature and enjoying the sunshine. I don't like walking on sidewalks because it hurts my knees, but the dirt offers a real challenge and doesn't hurt. Keep up the good work and treat yourself to a hike whenever you can.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Love a good hike! Good on you - keep it up!!! :happy:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love getting my exercise out in nature. Getting in shape makes your world larger!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    What a great way to spend a summer day - congrats on the achievement!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Oh yay!!! Congratulations!!!
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    I LOVE hiking! I did 11.5 mile yesterday and it's such fantastic exercise! WELL DONE YOU!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • clairedrose
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Feels God to celebrate
  • clairedrose
    Options
    Good
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!