New and scared.

Options
Hi,

I'm Megan. I'm eighteen and decided I need to lose weight because of my weight I miscarried 3 weeks ago (12 week scan photo in my photo).

Me losing weight is about repairing myself, so I'm able to provide my boyfriend with a family in the long run. I'm currently 247 lbs and I'd love to be 143 lbs.

Thank you.

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    hi megan and welcome. I am so sorry for your loss.

It's scary to start, but this is a great board - just start by logging your foods and when you are able to (when doctor gives the OK) you can start with exercising.

(Megan - i really mean no offence and I understand you suffered a loss, but could you consider changing your photo? for other posters who have suffered a miscarriage, it may be too much of a trigger.)
  • amandabohaty
    Options
    Hi Megan, I'm Amanda. I'm 22 yrs old. I'm so sorry to hear about our loss.
    Your goal is very much possible and you just have to believe in yourself and rely on supportive people who have been there.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss....good luck to you.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Megan,
    Sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through.

This is my 2nd time on MFP. When I started I weighed around 215-220. I'm down 28 pounds (or more b/c I don't know my exact starting weight). I had lost almost 50 lbs, and I put 20 back on when I stopped logging! There's something to be said about accountability.

Get your goal, log your food, and just hop on the wagon. It works so well. I absolutely love this site! Know that you have the power inside you to make this change for yourself and your family! You're strong!!!
  • CorliJooste
    CorliJooste Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! we are all here to support you!! good luck! :D
  • tiggerwing32809
    Options
    Hi Megan,

Sorry for your loss. I personally know how hard it is to have a miscarriage. My thoughts are with you. I have been using myfitnesspal for a few months now and love it. It holds me accountable for all the food and exercise I do or do not do. I keep going back and forth with my weight loss/gain. I'm more than happy to help support you on this journey. Wishing you all the best.
  • almostMalott
    Options
    Hi. Megan,
    Your decision to loose weight will help you through your hard times. I find that focusing on something intensely can get me through.Setting your mind on it and NOT straying is the secret. Do it for 3 days in a row. The control you gain over yourself will be addictive.
  • RepairMyself
    Options

It's scary to start, but this is a great board - just start by logging your foods and when you are able to (when doctor gives the OK) you can start with exercising.

(Megan - i really mean no offence and I understand you suffered a loss, but could you consider changing your photo? for other posters who have suffered a miscarriage, it may be too much of a trigger.)

Hi,

Thank's you. I've changed my photo and I'm sorry if I offended anybody.
  • Bioc
    Bioc Posts: 96
    Options

Hi,

Hey,

Welcome! You'll fit in fine and it's not an easy process but the sites easy to follow, therefore it'll help you lose weight. All you need to do is track calories and exercise. No "you cant eat this" or "cause you ate this, you need to burn this". This isn't a diet, it's a life change.

If you like? Add me, I'll support you when I can. But also want to say, having a photo up of your angel baby's, your choice. Don't let anybody take that from you.

Paige ♥
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mpf. I am sorry for your loss. I am curious why you think that your weight is the reason for you miscarriage? I had a miscarriage and tried to figure out what had happened. My doctor simply said that the fetus wasn't viable and that sometimes it happens. I went on to have 2 healthy pregnancies. I actually weighed 18 pounds less when I delivered my 2nd daughter. I ate healthy and walked. Since I was overweight, my doctor monitored me closely, but I ate what I wanted and took vitamins.

You didn't offend anyone. We are here to support you.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Hi,

you offended nobody. I just said that it might be a trigger to others who suffered a loss.

And, wow - you are so beautiful!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    what does being fat or obese have to do with a miscarriage>? I don't understands that
    any ways sorry for your loss ..
    I had a still born son july 9, 1998
    I wish u good luck on your weight loss journey
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    U can add me if u want to also