Master Your Metabolism - anyone tried this?

Options
I have started reading Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels as I have been making good progress with her 30 Day Shred. It makes a lot of sense I have spent years yo-yo dieting and living on either junk food or processed diet food. But it sounds complicated, labour intensive and limiting. Has anyone applied the principles of the book and how have you found it.?

Thanks!

Replies

• emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did read it too. I agree it sounds very restrictive and difficult. Honestly, I couldn't do it. Even when I was being super strict with my exercise and diet I was pretty miserable. I found it much easier to live on the principles of the south beach diet. Even if you don't do the first phase (which is the hardest) the over all diet is far more balanced and healthy than what I found in MYM. I hope that helps.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I took it as don't eat crap and eat a wide variety of fruit and vegetables every day.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I took it as don't eat crap and eat a wide variety of fruit and vegetables every day.

^This
  • sharilou24
    sharilou24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I think that will be the best way to approach it, having looked at the sample menu I would never stick with it if I tried to do it by the letter. Will just take the principle and make it work for me. (The jury is still out regarding whether I can go cold turkey on Diet Coke :noway: )