New to this.

Options
Hello,

I've joined this site and my day one is tomorrow! I'm 21, I work in an office so not particularly active! I am currently 225lb and I've got 70lb to lose and I'm feeling very motivated! It would be really nice to have people to chat to and to go to if I need motivation.

Feel free to add me :-)

:heart:

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've joined this site and my day one is tomorrow! I'm 21, I work in an office so not particularly active! I am currently 225lb and I've got 70lb to lose and I'm feeling very motivated! It would be really nice to have people to chat to and to go to if I need motivation.

Feel free to add me :-)

:heart:

Hi welcome to MFP. You can do this. I've lost 75 in a year. :)
  • rbclftss
    rbclftss Posts: 7
    Options
    ah that's really awesome to hear! have you found it difficult?
  • MzTee1969
    MzTee1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Luck!!!:smile:
  • BJRaby
    BJRaby Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined today, and I have a desk job also that gets very stressful at times. Luckily my place provides free access to a gym, so I will begin to use it tomorrow and walk as well. I'm currently at 230 lbs. and want to lose at least 50. I failed Weightwatchers as I am not a group-type, rah-rah person, but do need some form of encouragement. It will be wonderful reading posts from everyone.
    Oh, does anyone know where to find affordable exercise clothes for larger women (2x)?
  • mariselaalves
    mariselaalves Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello I also have a desk job and am looking to get back on track of losing weight. You can add me if you want. Good luck I know we can achieve our goals.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ah that's really awesome to hear! have you found it difficult?

The most difficult part is fiinding time to work out around the kids.
    I think starting slow made it easier. I downloaded a pedomoter app for my phone... started with a goal of 2,000 steps a day and slowly increased it until I hit the 10,000 the experts recommend.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    When I started tracking my
    weight online I was roughly where you
    are now. You can do this. You can add
    me. :)
  • elifglasgow
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 26 and have some weight to lose too, just staring out really. I have used my fitnesspal as a food diary but never added any buddies to it until now. I think seeing others succeed give motivation for sure. Add me :)
  • elifglasgow
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 26 and have some weight to lose too, just starting out really. I have used my fitnesspal as a food diary but never added any buddies to it until now. I think seeing others succeed give motivation for sure. Add me :)