I get bored with exercise

Options
If I have to spend another day walking or getting on the elliptical again I may stop exercising altogether. I need some fun workout ideas. Help!

Replies

• LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A whole world awaits...

- Walk/run outside
    - Wii Fit
    - Weights (I do mine in front of the TV)
    - Interval training (very distracting)
    - Swimming
    - Set up your own mini-triathlon
    - Team sports
  • skesterline
    Options
    There is a channel on youtube that has free workout videos. (I think they add a new one each week?) Sometimes when I need a change of pace, I check out a few of those.
    Here is a link if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started doing beginners HIIT workouts... I can't do any of the crazy hard stuff yet, but it's fun alternating between lunges, squats, burpees, jogging in place, etc. I don't get so bored that way.

I also like to find random workouts on YouTube and try them out. The last time I got super bored with exercising I ended up doing a Billy Blanks Tae Bo video from the 80's, it was funny to watch and fun to do!
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I do too! I have alot of beachbody programs that I alternate whenever one starts to get boring and I recently restarted couch to 5k.I beginning to love it,its a challenge and having a good playlist definately keeps it from getting boring.
  • Anniecakesss
    Options
    ZUMBA. Do you like to dance? Zumba is the best. I go 2 times a week and I CRAVE going. See if you can find a dance studio that offers it pay as you go and try it out.
  • tarynchatfield
    tarynchatfield Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I download audio books and listen to that during my workouts. I'm all for bettering the mind and body at the same time :) And it makes me want to go back to the gym so I can find out what happens next!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    What kinds of activities do you enjoy? The key is to find something you like so you will continue. I hate doing cardio indoors so I've taken up bike riding with my teen boys. We have a great trail near the house. It gives us family time and gets everyone moving. If you like swimming you could try and find aquatic classes. Try weight lifting or hiking.

Think about what you really enjoy and go from there. Keep trying different options until you find one that you like.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    you def need to connect the internet to your tv (laptop and hdmi cable), then try a kickboxing workout, they're super fun and the next day you're guaranteed to be sore in places you didnt know existed

plus your avatar says fat to slim, so it's not like you can really stop
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. walk
    2. play Frisbee
    3. zumba
    4. dance- just turn on music a nd dance
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Do you own a bike? Go for a long bike ride. Or a canoe or kayak? or buy cheap tennis rackets and see if you can find someone to go to the park with and play tennis. Or go swimming.

I make up my own circuits too. I try for 30 - 40 minutes and do one minute circuits. (sit ups then crunches then run in place, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, bear crawls, etc). I usually pick 5 or 6 items and do them once then 1 minute rest then do again over and over until it is 30 minutes. It is a lot tougher than you think and you have to do them fast..

I really believe that if exercise is fun you will keep with it.

I love the you tube ideas too, i never knew you could find workouts there.