Small Steps to Success :)

Options
Good morning everyone-

Yesterday, I celebrated my 30th day here at MFP and beginning a new chapter in my life. Though very short, I have already had some important successes that I feel will continue to help me to achieve my goal of being a healthier me!

- I can walk up two flights of stairs without stopping or catching my breath. :) - this time in June I simply couldn't.

- Thanks my increased exercise- I feel that I have more energy and have actually started to enjoy doing Zumba, walking to music or getting on my elliptical. I walked/ jogged my 1st 5 K and I am planning to do another in August!

- I feel more relaxed. Normally, after a difficult day at work, I would eat chips or cookies. Now, (I am not going to lie) somedays I might have a cookie- but I get my tail moving first. I find that exercise helps to address some of the emotional eating that I do.

- I feel like I have more self control. Using the Food Tracker has really helped me to journal my eating habits and patterns and to get an idea of the calories, sodium, sugar, protein etc. tied to the food choices that I make.

- I lost 16.5 pounds!!!!! And as a result, I am able to fit back into some of my pants that had gotten too tight. This is a major victory for me. Now I have to keep working and not become complacent. I want size 20 to be a thing of the past this time next year. My goal is 1 pound per week, so my plan is to take about two years to meet my overall goal of 104 pounds lost.

- My feet and ankles are not swelling. I think that this has to do with drinking more water and being more cognizant of the salt in my food.

- My family has started eating healthier and being more active as a result of my efforts. My husband lost 20 pounds and we all participated in the 5K together!

- I have met some super cool, motivational and awesome people on here and that is an NSV in itself!

For those of you just starting out like me. Be encouraged and keep stepping toward your goals! We may not have the before and after pic, but we do have plenty of positive changes happening everyday to celebrate as we get healthier. :)

Sincerely,

Keisha Jo

Replies

• 4pawsmom
    4pawsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Glad to hear you sounding so positive about your journey. I think that will go a long way towards your success. I, too, noticed that once I got moving, my mood (and the stress eating that can go along with it) improved considerably.

Here's hoping the next 30 days are just as terrific for you!
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You seem like you have such a relaxed & positive attitude - I'll bet that has a lot to do with your phenomenal first-month results. Congratulations & keep it up!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome results. Congratulations to you and your husband. Good luck.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You are sooo impressive! Congrats on the changes that you see in your fitness and the new healthier lifestyle you are promoting within your family.

I totally agree with your observation that the increased activity really helps with stress which really helps to cut down the emotional eating!

Great work!!
  • Crimson1313
    Options
    Wow! That is great! I just joined today and would be thrilled to have made half as much progress as you have in 30 days! Keep up the great work and congrats!
  • Tonigirl519
    Tonigirl519 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first goal. You will succeed with such a positive attitude. It's a process...one of unending possibilities. In the beginning of this round of my journey...I took it one small goal at a time. 5lbs..no more no less was my goal to lose. That was 101.4 lbs ago. I've been on this round of my journey for 2 years now and I must say I'm the wiser and better about my health. So do what you do for you. And most of all do what works for you...because it's what will work.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! What a great attitude towards getting healthy. Wishing you lots of success!
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! This site has really been an awesome support to me. :)
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job and it is amazing how much you were able to learn in one month :) I am glad to be one of your friends and to be able to watch your progress :)
  • ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keep it up....30 days goes by so quickly. Imagine all the changes next month. Way to go.
  • workzceo
    workzceo Posts: 12
    Options
    So proud to call you one of my supporters. I am in awe of watching your journey and am encouraged to do better because of your success. Keep going my friend and keep knocking it out of the park!

R
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post!! Congrats on the 5k. It's a great feeling to share this with your family. My teen boys and I started riding bikes together last week. It's been so much fun!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!