healthy wage

Options
have any of you heard of healthywage.com? you put bet on how much you can lose weight? what are your thoughts? have you done it?

Replies

• healee73
    healee73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    The healthywage.com site has a couple of options available for individuals.
    Lose 10% of your weight and get paid $300

Win $300 for losing at least 10% of your weight verified. We'll pay you via check or paypal. Get your ending weight verified to get paid.

The BMI Challenge is completely free and pays you $100 if you get to a healthy weight after 1-year. To qualify for the BMI Challenge you have to start with a Body Mass Index (BMI) above 30. If you'd like to earn greater prizes and have additional motivation pay $300 to get paid $1000 for winning the BMI Challenge. Get to a BMI below 25 after exactly 1-year and win the cash prize. You'll get your ending weight verified by your doctor or health club. Payment will be made via check or paypal.

You self report your weight ever week and you have to have your beginning and ending weights verified - it tells you how on their site.

My friend did it and she said it was a good motivator to keep her on track. I just signed up and my official weight was verified last week.:smile:

~Heather
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just heard about it when I was on vacation in CA last week. My niece did and she actually won $$. I've been in this roller coaster for a while now. So I thought this would be a good motivation for me to really get serious. I sure don't want to lose $$.

I'm doing the BMI challenge for free plus the 10% weigh lose challenge.
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I joined Healthy Wage. The challenge basically is to lose 10% of your body weight in 6 months. I have until 01/11 (or a week earlier) to send in my final verified weight. I went on vacation, and I gained weight so I was worried that I will fail.
    Today I weighed in and I sent my verified weight. So happy to say that I have succeeded with the challenge!! I barely succeeded, but I did it!! Yay
    :-D

I also signed up for the BMI challenge. I have another 6 months to work on that. Wish me luck!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck for the next challenge :)
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for healthywage last night. They are no longer doing the BMI challenge, and they now have it set so you can decide 1) how much you say you'll lose 2) length of time and 3) amount of bet.

I'm going for 30 lbs in 7 months. This will put me in the infamous One-derland before my birthday and vacation. My husband is also going to sign up and join me (they have referral bonuses yay).