The truth about women and lifting heavy.....

Options
I started out my fitness journey tipping the scales at 210lbs

62ce2bdf-89d9-4317-8672-2cd7aad7bc75_zpsd61fb3aa.jpg

preweightloss2_zps308fd690.jpg

I also started my fitness journey and continued it thinking that cardio was the only key to losing weight (here is me before any weight lifting)

DSCN8421.jpg

DSCN8423.jpg

DSCN8422.jpg

Luckily I discovered ChaLEAN Extreme and started to love lifting weights (here I am after one round)

DSCN9319_zps459f6cb5.jpg

DSCN9321_zps0dfa3b0a.jpg

DSCN9320_zps40c91b94.jpg

After completing CLX I wanted more so I started doing Body Beast. After talking to a friend about my feelings of being intimidated by this "aimed at males" program I dove right in. This is me now with one week left of my first round of Body Beast. I have also added T25 this week and will be going right into my second round of Body Beast with T25.

weightstris_zpse1cdefb4.jpg

DSCN9774_zps21c83195.jpg

DSCN9766_zpscc43c409.jpg

DSCN9624_zpsaa022e80.jpg

DSCN9616_zpscf3dec20.jpg

weightsbis_zps0787bd0f.jpg

weightsskirt_zps52c13359.jpg

I am looking forward to my second round to build more muscle and add more definition. I know I am no fitness model, but I am pretty proud of where I've come from. My only regret is not picking up weights sooner. To all the women who are scared of lifting or getting big and bulky here is your proof that you don't. Thanks for reading :)

-B

Replies

• LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, what a transformation! I think I'll be trying this!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I sound like a broken record but...........I'm a runner & I think everyone should be lifting weights.....

Cool ink BTW.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Way to go!
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    yay! you look fab!!!

:heart: weights :heart:
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been going back and forth trying to decide whether to order CLX. You just sold me on it! Can I ask how much your lifting? I'm currently doing TurboFire and I need to add some lifting! You look fantastic. So glad I came over here to check the forums.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have been going back and forth trying to decide whether to order CLX. You just sold me on it! Can I ask how much your lifting? I'm currently doing TurboFire and I need to add some lifting! You look fantastic. So glad I came over here to check the forums.

It depends on the workout, but I currently have dumbbells from 5s-40s
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!!!
  • healthy_momof3
    Options
    WOW, what an incredible transformation!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I am finishing my second week of CLX and I hope my results are as good as yours. Just to compare, did you use weights or bands? If weights, how heavy did you go?
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Looking good :D
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It's been awesome being able to watch you along some of this journey and definitely keep it up and keep spreading the word, you look amazing and that trend only continues as you keep on pushing along!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my 2nd month of CLX and I can't agree more. I haven't lost much weight but I have seen more changes in my body than I have with any cardio program I've ever done. You look amazing! Great job! :)
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look AMAZING!!! You are great inspiration for me!! My starting weight is near yours, and I am definitely interested in lifting. I'll definitely look into CLX. I too am feeling a little intimidated, but working on that too!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    What a difference in your legs! Great post.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words :)
  • enchantress68
    enchantress68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how long are the workouts? I'm doing body revolution now but would look into doing chalean extreme after.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! You look great!.

:drinker: Cheers
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good for you for jumping into weight lifting. I've lost weight and have been around the same goal weight for 2 years... I am just now getting into weight lifting which is sad but its an essential part of the process of transformation! (My opinion)

I wish you luck and thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!