Healthy, low calorie, easy apple "cobbler"!

Options
kwedman488
kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
Alright guys, so I just experimented with this a few minutes ago and it was so delicious that I have to share it with you all. What makes it especially great is that you can do so much with it to fit your personal tastes or caloric regimens.

1 apple, sliced (I used a small Fuji apple --> ~55 cals, I made somewhat thin slices, but not like chip-thin)
Cinnamon
Yogurt, frozen (I used Greek gods vanilla & honey, just because it was sitting around from the 4th of July, but it's very high calorie so I didn't use a ton of it- just about 2 tbsp or so-->35 cals)

Place the slices of apple spread out on a plate and sprinkle them with as little or as much cinnamon as you desire. Microwave them for about 50 seconds. Scoop some frozen yogurt and put it on top of the apples, and wala! It tastes like dessert but it's healthy and even has some good protein in there for ya!

Once I'm through with the leftover yogurt I have I'm going to switch to something more low calorie, like the vanilla dannon light and fit-80 cals per cup instead of Greek god's 280 (yikes). I'm going to try adding some pb2 to it to get some peanut butter action up in here, but you could easily use plain yogurt or fruit flavored.

You could put your own fresh fruit on top also if you wanted, plus you could get fancy and add some oats or granola sprinkled on top. Get creative!

For me it only ended up being about 90 calories for the whole thing! Yum!

Replies