Low/no-sugar drinks

Options
It's been a month since I had a real soda - I've been really good about sticking with diet soda or water (whether plain or with an On The Go flavor packet), but I was wondering what other options you've found?

I'm not into tea, milk or coffee ... probably willing to give tea a try.

Any thoughts????

Replies

• dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    just keep drinking water.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    green tea and water are your best options and you won't have to worry about the sodium
  • feelinwell
    feelinwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    have you tried crystal light drinks? I love them especially the tea and lemonade
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Propel.
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    There have been so many studies on the negative effects of aspartame and weight loss I tend to try and stay away from artificial sugars. Many of the places around here infuse water with cucumber and fruits. Watermelon juice is actually really healthy and a diuretic, so if you are craving something sweeter you can try juicing some watermelon and drinking it in a mix of half watermelon juice, half water.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Try flavoring your water with lemon or lime slices, berries or even cucumbers. Just add it the night before and let it sit overnight in the fridge, strain off the fruit and you've got flavored water. I'm sure if you Google 'homeade flavored waters' you'd find a nice variety of ideas.
  • Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of the Lipton Green Tea To Go and Mio. I've tried toe Crystal Lite to go but I haven't found flavors that I like.

The green tea is a little easier for a guy to carry as they're powders in individual packets. I can stuff them into a pocket.

Mio can go in a purse or a backpack... they're liquids in a multi serving container.

I usually try to keep several of each handy and switch up the flavors so I don't get burnt out on any one flavor. I also tend to mix them lighter than they suggest. I carry a 750ml (~25oz.) Camelbak bottle with me pretty much every where I go. I can refill it easily and then throw in a flavor. It's also a good way for me to keep track of how much I'm drinking. My goal is 90oz/day.
  • Sfarrar59
    Sfarrar59 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I agree, but I also agree with drinking the water, you can try adding fresh mint to your icewater,,, in large containers, I had some at an outing , it was so refreshing, also, Ginger Tea, cold or hot, over ice, is good, and both good for you
  • Sfarrar59
    Options
    have you tried crystal light drinks? I love them especially the tea and lemonade
  • Sfarrar59
    Options
    yes there good, but have sacran, and thats what we wanna stay away from,, using astivia instead
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Here is a link that a friend posted about naturally flavored water, using fruits/vegs. I have not tried them, so I can't vouch for how they taste.

http://www.52kitchenadventures.com/2012/09/17/fifty-awesome-flavored-water-recipes/