35lbs down! 17lbs to go! With pics! =)

Options
Ms_Natalie
Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
Hey guys, I started my journey here in April of this year and am so happy with the progress I have made.
I feel absolutely great and finally have a healthy BMI.

I have been jogging 3/4 times per week and eating healthily...although I still allow myself some naughty treats :flowerforyou:

I have about 17lbs left to go but after finally breaking out of a super plateau, I have decided to post some pics of myself to keep myself going and to hopefully give a little inspiration to other members of this forum! I still have a way to go...but I can finally see a difference in the way I look and feel!

I have dropped nearly 3 dress sizes and am happiest I have been for a long time!
My boyfriend proposed to me and we are getting married November 5th 2011...so, in all honesty...this really is a great time in my life :flowerforyou:

I need to say thank you to all the amazing friends I have made on here, who have kept me accountable during some difficult and testing times and I hope I have been there for you guys too! :flowerforyou:

Okay...first pic was taken New Years Eve 2009...I think I was about 195lbs here. The horizontal lines do me no justice, but this pic made me realise I had to do something about my weight.

976502_3705.jpg

976502_1495.jpg

The third pic was taken about 1.5 months ago and I was approximately 168lbs

976502_1505.jpg

The final pic was taken 3 weeks ago during a hike up the highest mountain in southern britain...I was approximately 161lbs.

976502_1948.jpg

I have lost 4 more lbs since this pic was taken (currently 157lbs) but I'm going to wait a little longer before I take any more pics.

Thanks for all the support everyone!....This site has really helped me turn my life around! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOW LOOKING GOOD! way to go!! i am sure you are pretty proud of yourself!
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    wow amazing girl, great JOB!!!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. =)
  • sunnie5468
    Options
    you look great keep it up
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I hate those pesty plateau's, but I learned last time I was battling my weight that the best and quickest way to bust out of one was to tweak my calorie intake by about 200, and up at that :) You have to remember that as you work out more and more often, and as you gain muscle, your body needs more calories, and burns more calories. It was always nice to know that I'd kicked my metabolism up a notch! Lol.

Hope that helps :)
  • mandieraye
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on all the weight loss. Again you look fantastic keep at it. I hope I am there eventually.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! You look amazing!!!
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Looking great, congratulations on both the weight loss and the upcoming wedding!
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    WOW. Thanks for sharing !!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    well done you look amazing. do you mind if i ask when did you start running? im above your starting weight and feel i need to lose more weight before i begin to run. thanks
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! WTG :)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! WTG :)
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! Your hard work is very evident. The pictures sure do say it all!! BTW, how tall are you? Trying to picture you with another 17 lbs. gone! Congrats on that hard won prize (a healthy body) AND the upcoming wedding! :flowerforyou:
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Girl...you look AMAZING!! You should be so proud! Congratulations on the amazing weight loss and your upcoming wedding!!! I am so happy for you!!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    well done you look amazing. do you mind if i ask when did you start running? im above your starting weight and feel i need to lose more weight before i begin to run. thanks

Thank you :flowerforyou:

I started running/jogging/walking about 2-3 months ago but didn't go straight to running. I would try and briskly walk first to find your comfort zone and then push a little further. The most important thing for me, was to get my heart rate up and to break into a sweat. Find out your Resting heart rate and then aim to push it to the cardio zone (where you begin to burn fat) . Type in heart rate zones into google and it will become clearer than me trying to explain.

Don't compete with others...set your own goals and aim to improve each time you jog/walk

I now use interval training and can get in 4.5 miles each time.

You can do it...and believe me, it's an amazing adrenaline rush after you've had a successful session :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! Your hard work is very evident. The pictures sure do say it all!! BTW, how tall are you? Trying to picture you with another 17 lbs. gone! Congrats on that hard won prize (a healthy body) AND the upcoming wedding! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for all the lovely compliments everyone. I remember 4 months ago when I hoped that one day I could post my before and after pics! Not quite there yet but I will get there :flowerforyou:

I'm 5 foot 6.5 (that extra half inch is important) lol...If I lose 17lbs, I will be in the lower area of the healthy range with regards to my BMI...the weight loss has certainly slowed down a little now. People are telling me not to lose anymore, but I think it's because they are not used to the size I am now and still perceive me as being the girl in the first picture.

:flowerforyou:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! You have done so well. Congratulations on both your weightloss and engagement. Roll on November 5th.....
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    beautiful! Congrats!
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello~ My name is Mari. You should be so PROUD of yourself... Congratulations ! I know you will make your goal. Change of Life Style. I am new to this, my neighbor told me about this website. I find it fancinating. I would like to loose about 8 pounds. I walk Mon-Fri. for an hour, and I go to Curves. That's what inspired me to start walking. Do you have any special tips you can give me, as far as what you eat on a daily basis ? Obviously, whatever your doing, your doing it the right way. Thanx, Mari in Calif.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!