how do I log a water park day?

Options
Help! played at a water park with my kids today, slides, etc.. How do I log it?

Thanks!

Replies

• dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Unless you were wearing a HRM, there really is no way to be 100% sure you've logged it correctly. You could do your best to figure out the total amount of time you were actually doing activity and log it as a similar activity? I used to try to log the calories from skiing near my hometown, and really did my best to estimate and the difference when I started logging with a HRM was pretty significant. Sorry if this isn't a very helpful answer.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Just post on your wall that you had fun with your kids. I wouldn't bother logging this.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    This would be probably one of the few days where I wouldn't really bother with logging, since it's so hard to tell.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Give it 15 minutes of circuit training and call a great day with your family. Take your victory otherwise on the scales.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Just post on your wall that you had fun with your kids. I wouldn't bother logging this.

I agree with this.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Theme park and water park burn is usually equivalent to a 2 mph walk speed for half the time you were there. So let's say you were there for 8 hours, you'd be fairly accurate entering 4 hours of walking at 2 mph.

If you're standing in those lines and riding down the slides all day long, you're burning a bunch of calories. If you're afraid to eat them back because you don't know what you've burned, enter the above info as your burn estimate.
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

it depends.

if she has a low calorie goal like 1200 to 1400 i would absolutely eat some calories to account for all of that fun in the sun.

it is hard to answer this without having that information.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    How long were you there and how active were you? If you're wanting to eat some more food, then just try to estimate your calorie burn.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thats a tough one! Probably a lot, depending on if you were out of breath or walking or standing still and for how many hours :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Theme park and water park burn is usually equivalent to a 2 mph walk speed for half the time you were there. So let's say you were there for 8 hours, you'd be fairly accurate entering 4 hours of walking at 2 mph.

If you're standing in those lines and riding down the slides all day long, you're burning a bunch of calories. If you're afraid to eat them back because you don't know what you've burned, enter the above info as your burn estimate.

I'd say that sounds like a good plan.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I live in the land of a thousand theme parks, and this estimate is as close as I've been able to get.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I live in the land of a thousand theme parks, and this estimate is as close as I've been able to get.

This is what I would do too.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

I agree with this approach and use it frequently. I might do a little less than half the time, but that's my general approach.
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was there for 5 hours, chasing after my toddler and going up and down slides.
    I decided to count it as 90 minutes of very slow walking, even though it was uphill and we were active for most of it.

Thanks for the ideas.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I log theme/water parks the same as the above poster mentioned. I log walking at a leisurely pace for 1/2 the time spent in the park. I do Disney every other month and it's the best I can figure out without wearing a HRM all day.