Eating around work hours - advice needed please!

Options
I've recently gone from being a lazy student to working two jobs, and I'm really struggling with fitting in food and eating the best things at the times that I have available. Any tips on what to eat, what to take to work as snacks and what to avoid would be really appreciated :) And when to fit in a work out too!
My average schedule is starting work at 11am, and finishing around 10.30pm, with a break between jobs at 5.30pm.
I don't really get a proper lunch break so I usually end up going for unhealthy, very quick snacks between jobs and then getting home ravenous!
Thanks in advance MFPs! :)

Replies

• csnyder0007
    csnyder0007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a Fedex Guy so eating on the go is normal.

I pack a couple snacks for mid morning and mid afternoon. Usually a string cheese and Clif bar but sometimes some fruit as well. I carry a healthy sandwich for lunch. I keep lots of water on hand to keep me hydrated and to curb hunger pangs if I forget to eat.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Did this really need 3 separate threads?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

^^
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have two part time jobs as well, and end up eating lunch on the job as I'm working. Can you have a insulated lunch bag with you or something like that? I usually bring stuff that's high in protein that I can eat fast--protein bars, hard boiled eggs, slices of deli turkey, greek yogurt, plus a banana or apple (bananas are much easier to eat in a hurry than apples I discovered). Then I'll munch on some kind of baked chips or pretzels in the car in between jobs too. If I spread out all these things I don't feel like I'm starving all day.
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options

It definitely didn't :( My laptop went totally weird and I can't work out how to delete topics! So embarrassing, sorry!!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

It definitely didn't :( My laptop went totally weird and I can't work out how to delete topics! So embarrassing, sorry!!

That makes sense. Might not be your laptop...MFP has been buggy and laggy lately. I redact my statement with utmost apologies! :flowerforyou:
  • ZenBJR
    ZenBJR Posts: 13
    Options
    I just cook a week's worth of chicken, store in the fridge. Wrap bread, sandwich toppings in individual bags. Then before I head to work, I grab a banana, apple, orange, the chicken breast, the toppings/bread, and run out. Takes 30 mins of prep on the weekend and 30 seconds in the mornings.