Cholesterol NSV!!!!

Options
MeIShouldB
MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
Cholesterol victory: last year my LDL (bad cholesterol) was 2300 (don't judge me, at least I'm fixing it) it is now 1731. Down 569 points. My overall cholesterol is just 15 points from NORMAL. WAHOO!

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    YAY! Look at you, all healthy. :) Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    YAY! Keep it up!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Anything special you are doing? Do you take meds?
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

Nope, no meds.
    03221961 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There is no way your ldl would ever be 2300 that isn't even possible missy get your facts straight mine was 199 and thats high with medication it is down to 83. and if your ldl is really that high you better get on meds because no amount of dieting is ever going to bring those numbers into normal range. just sayin
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yeaaahhhh! I am getting mine re-tested in a few wks myself.
  • camajade
    camajade Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, keep up the good work!:smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Nope, no meds.

Are you going to tell us what you did to get it down then?
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am working on bringing mine down too. Told dr didn't want to try medication until after trying diet and exercise/weight loss first. :) Hoping it improves naturally without having to use drugs.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    There is no way your ldl would ever be 2300 that isn't even possible missy get your facts straight mine was 199 and thats high with medication it is down to 83. and if your ldl is really that high you better get on meds because no amount of dieting is ever going to bring those numbers into normal range. just sayin

Get my facts straight?? LOL are you really trying to debate with me about my own numberS. Get an MD behind your name and then you can get snippy with me about MY OWN NUMBERS.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

Nope, no meds.

Diet, exercise, and weight loss.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda confused. LDL is considered very high at 190 mg/dL and above. I've never even heard of numbers in the thousands. I've heard of total cholesterols being in the 400 and 500s, and that is considered very high, but over 2000, just never knew it could get that high. Mine is boderline-low at 160 total.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda confused. LDL is considered very high at 190 mg/dL and above. I've never even heard of numbers in the thousands. I've heard of total cholesterols being in the 400 and 500s, and that is considered very high, but over 2000, just never knew it could get that high. Mine is boderline-low at 160 total.

Must be a different scale (maybe just /L?) or a missing decimal point.

But great job to the OP!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic that you've done it entirely by changing your habits! Way to go you!!
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!! That is an awesome improvement. Keep up the amazing work!!!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Get my facts straight?? LOL are you really trying to debate with me about my own numberS. Get an MD behind your name and then you can get snippy with me about MY OWN NUMBERS.

Wham Bam...you tell em girlie!! The numbers totally depend on family history, ethnicity...everything!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Nope, no meds.

Diet, exercise, and weight loss.

Yes I kind of assumed you'd be doing those things since you are on this site. Sorry I should have been clearer. Do you have any idea what you did with your diet that may have helped lower it? I'd like to get mine down more.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    One the sheet with the breakdown of my numbers, there are 2 kinds of LDL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!