September weight shredders!

Options
I put on a few pounds again while I was on vacation. I really feel it while I walk around my office, I put on my shorts today and was not able to wear them-VERY uncomfortable! I am taking the extra step for September....THERE ARE NO EXCUSES. Septembers goal=8 lb loss.

Anyone interested?

Replies

• TaraArriola
    Options
    I am in.

I have the video and have yet to do it. I have watched it a couple of times, but never attempted it.
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am defantly with you. I've been slacking the last couple months and haven't lost anything. As of today I'm going to start logging in my food again, and I'm going to get some exercise in.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Except for 5 pounds. I'm at the end of my weight loss, and am losing more slowly. Actually, for the past 4-6 months, I've been all around... from 149 to 156. It's time to stop, and I'm getting mad at myself. I came off the boards for a while, and thought I could do it myself. I need help though, and am back for support!
  • pipinana
    Options
    I am in.

I have the video and have yet to do it. I have watched it a couple of times, but never attempted it.

First time I did it, I literally thought I was going to die. After I finished though, I was so proud of myself (well, after lying on the ground for about 45 min trying to catch my breath that is...) Let me know when you do it? I'm going to dust the cob webs off of mine and do it tomorrow night....
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I love Jillian. I am going to do a lot of things. I am going to run, do some Jillian, some Cindy Whitmarsh for my abs, and throw in some INSANITY. On the food end-no more binges! If I am craving something-eat it, just a small amount if it is a high-cal food. I am going to get my husband involved also! He is snoring more and more:)
  • pipinana
    Options
    I need to get my hubby on the plan too. I've tried many times but he refuses. He'll try the dinners I cook, yes, but he still drinks soda and has lots of chips and things like that...

My main problem in binging. Night binging. I do great all day, all through dinner, then lose it around 8-9.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Okay-so let's plan on losing 5 pounds each this month! That should be *****easy*****.

Add more exercise
    Stop eating when you start feeling full
    Park farther away from the office
    Drink more water
    Take in less sodium

How do you all fell about posting your pre September weight/end of September goal weight/Actual?
  • Krysta150
    Options
    I'll join you guys. I'd like to loose 8 pounds by 10/9/10. I'm trying to get my husband on board too. Has anyone had luck with that? He'll eat what I cook, but sneaks extras. I know that nagging or being the food police just pushes him the other way.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I'm new to this site and I had JUST posted asking if there were any September startup groups because I apparently didn't scroll down far enough to see this, LMAO! I didn't even realize it was in reference to the JM workout vid until I started to read the responses. I've got her 30 day shred vid! It about killed me, and that was back when I was in my peak shape! LOL!!

Mind if I join in with you all? :)

Will there be a daily chat thread, weekly, or just come back in a month and say hey, I did it? I want a chatty group!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Krysta-no luck w/ the husband....he eats my son's leftovers, he eats my leftovers, and he is getting larger and it makes me a bit sad. I told him that he really needs to do something, I said maybe 100 jumping jacks a day w/ a few pushups/situps and a walk, and really watch what you put in your mouth. I did it in a way that sounded as nice as that can sound:huh:

CeleryStalker-you don't have to do the JM workout-but she is really great! Any workout will do, whatever it takes! I figure if you all want to give me your #s I will post them up on Wed, if not, that is fine too! Jump on any time and talk about whatever you want! Chat away!
  • pipinana
    Options
    Morning Gals!

Krysta, I've had no luck w/ my hubs either. :/ He told me yesterday, that when his father went to a family reunion this past Sunday, the oldest one on his side was 69. Everyone else had died. I told hubs that he can change that, eat healthier and work out.. He doesn't think it will help. Makes me want to scream and cry at the same time.

CS-I want a chatty group too.. LOL I need all the help I can get!

I did ok yesterday. Until Paul brought out some chips at 9:30. I don't know why I can't just say no. =(
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Chips at 9:30-better than the ic cake and oreos I decided to *finish* off last night!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    September is TOMORROW! Does anyone have numbers for me to post????? I am going to weigh in tomorrow am and will go from there.......let me know:)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 5 lbs. I managed 4.5 lbs. lost in August with a 2 week plateau, and I think I can top that number in September!
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    I'm in and I'll weigh in tomorrow morning. My little food log told me if every day was like today, I'd be 179# in 5 weeks. That's 13#! I think my food log is a big stinking liar. LOL I'm only looking to lose about 30. As much as I'd love to lose half that in 5 weeks, I don't think it's likely since I'm sorta close to my goal weight. Heh, go figure. How can I miss being heavier, just because the weight came off in bigger chunks? LOL!

I'm still on the mend from surgery, so working out is out of the question this week. Next week, however, expect to see some activity from me :)
  • pipinana
    Options
    Chips at 9:30-better than the ic cake and oreos I decided to *finish* off last night!

LMAO
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    OK I'm here this morning. Not sure what numbers you want, but here's some to get started with:

Sept 1 weigh in: 191.8 (BMI 26.8)
    End of Sept goal: 184 (BMI 25.7)
    Final goal weight: 165 (BMI 23.0)

Water cheers to you all. Let's get this party started! :drinker:
  • pipinana
    Options
    I'm in and I'll weigh in tomorrow morning. My little food log told me if every day was like today, I'd be 179# in 5 weeks. That's 13#! I think my food log is a big stinking liar. LOL I'm only looking to lose about 30. As much as I'd love to lose half that in 5 weeks, I don't think it's likely since I'm sorta close to my goal weight. Heh, go figure. How can I miss being heavier, just because the weight came off in bigger chunks? LOL!

I'm still on the mend from surgery, so working out is out of the question this week. Next week, however, expect to see some activity from me :)

LOL, I totally feel the same about the weight coming off in bigger chunks when I was heavier!
  • pipinana
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 154.6, and I'm hoping to be at 149.6 by the end of September.

Hey, what do you ladies think about doing measurements also. I know I always feel better when I see the inches coming off...
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I will post a list of everyone this evening! Happy September! Measurements are a great idea Pipinana.....When I did my Insanity, I didn't see much of a weight difference, but did see a big difference in the inches!