Wish me luck!!

Options
larchan
larchan Posts: 7 Member
I'm starting afresh and ready to lose this chub! I've always been overweight, but 3 years ago a 6 month round of Prednisone left me 60 lbs heavier (in less than 6 months). I've been carrying it ever since, and now, at 26 years old and 260 lbs, I feel like I'm 60. I want to be able to enjoy the outdoors with my friends, instead of being confined indoors because I get overheated in 15 minutes due to this insulating "suit" that I have on.

I also have gotten rejected by three health insurance companies in the past few weeks for health insurance because my "height to weight ratio" is off. Going without health insurance is not a gamble I want to make.

Last year, I had a lot of success with the MyFitnessPal app and lost 30 lbs counting calories and only eating pre-packaged/ pre-portioned foods, but then the holidays hit and things went helter skelter. I have been exercising for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week for the past few weeks, but tomorrow my healthy eating plan begins. I went to the grocery store today and planned out all of my meals until next week, so I'm ready to go! I'm definitely going to be eating enough calories, but I'm worried about the hunger pains. I'm going to try to refocus my feeling of hunger from bad to good. "Laura, you're hungry, but that's good because your body is doing its thing." I'm more apt to overeating when I have hunger pains, so I'm incorporating a lot of veggies in my diet to help me feel fuller.

For inspiration, I've been looking at a lot of before/after pictures and success stories. I have over 100 lbs to lose to get into the "normal" BMI range, and seeing that loss in other people amazes me. I just need to stay on track long-term. Wish me luck! :)

Replies

• Kash4Life
    Kash4Life Posts: 48
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP , Take it one day at a time and small changes makes a difference . Good luck on your weight loss journey . Feel free to add me :-)

Also the thing that helps me with the hunger is eating fruit and Greek yogurt.
  • larchan
    larchan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's going to be part of my breakfast! I love blueberry Greek yogurt. I figure if I the healthy foods I actually enjoy, I'll be more apt to stay on track.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're ready. Good luck.
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Keep positive people around you and vent when you need to. Welcome back! Good luck on your journey!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You sound like a woman with a plan. (And don't forget the water! That is something I struggle with. Be it really does help keep the hunger at bay.)
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • Holdensmommy810
    Options
    You can do it!! I know how itis with lack of insurance i dont have any and im worried ifi tried to pay out of pocket i would get rejected. Use it as motivation!!!

Lindsey