Ask A Psych Nurse -Redux

Options
Parmcat
Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
Hello again,

I tried this a week or so ago, and ot was a big hit. The thread ended up getting locked and deleted, but, in general, is was fun.

I am a 22 year psych nurse, and the last 16 on an Adolescent Unit.

If you ever wanted to ask, here is the place.

If you have something you want to ask in private, you cam PM me!

I am happy to add any new people to my friend list.

I am a little left of center, and some answers will reflect this.

I will be here for an hr or so, as I am on Vacation and not working tonight, but drinking a beer, playing online poker, and downloading music! I will monitor the thread if it doesnt get locked...LOL

GO!

Replies

• jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    They really locked and deleted the one from last week? I don't remember seeing anything bad enough to warrant that.
  • KimberleyS0624
    KimberleyS0624 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't have any questions, but can I just b!tch to you via PM? I've been needing somebody to b!tchto for about... umm... well, a while now.

*kitten*' MFP's censoring...
    Rage
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do they really lock people in padded rooms?
  • Parmcat
    Options
    Do they really lock people in padded rooms?

Our rooms are not padded.

The restraint bed is though
  • Parmcat
    Options
    I don't have any questions, but can I just b!tch to you via PM? I've been needing somebody to b!tchto for about... umm... well, a while now.

*kitten*' MFP's censoring...
    Rage

I have broad shoulders....I can take it!
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sent a message!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Also work in Psych. Under HIPPA laws, are you supposed to be disclosing info like this? Seems to me that it would be a job risk.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Also work in Psych. Under HIPPA laws, are you supposed to be disclosing info like this? Seems to me that it would be a job risk.

I have to agree with this. Among other risks as well.
  • Parmcat
    Options
    Sent a message!

Miss our chats!
  • Parmcat
    Options

Disclosing what?

I dont talk about pts, drop names, etc...

I am answering generalize questions about my profession....LIke a typing google man...or something...

Thanks for your concern
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I am answering generalize questions about my profession....LIke a typing google man...or something.

For what reason or purpose have you decided to do this? Are you attempting to be a therapist to mfp members?

I never saw the original thread, btw.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options

Also in psych - no, not violating HIPAA unless disclosing about an identifiable consumer, but I'd be careful re: scope of practice and practicing without a license, assuming crossing state lines. No offense OP, just concerned. If it's all fun and games, fine, if that's made explicit. I shuddered, though, at a previous post from a self- identified therapist wanting to help others. It's all about the boundaries!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Also in psych - no, not violating HIPAA unless disclosing about an identifiable consumer, but I'd be careful re: scope of practice and practicing without a license, assuming crossing state lines. No offense OP, just concerned. If it's all fun and games, fine, if that's made explicit. I shuddered, though, at a previous post from a self- identified therapist wanting to help others. It's all about the boundaries!

Yeah, it just seems to be not a healthy idea.
  • Parmcat
    Options
    I am answering generalize questions about my profession....LIke a typing google man...or something.

For what reason or purpose have you decided to do this? Are you attempting to be a therapist to mfp members?

Is this a serious question?

Nevermind.....
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Nevermind.....

Yes, it was a serious and reasonable question. I do not understand what this post is for. So, I am trying to understand.
  • Parmcat
    Options

Never ever stated anywhere that I was wanting to try to help people on MFP. IT was a fun thread the other night...general questions ablout life in a psych hopital.

Should I contact my attorney?
  • Parmcat
    Options

Nevermind.....

Yes, it was a serious and reasonable question. I do not understand what this post is for. So, I am trying to understand.

read above
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    hmmm...fun thread about working in a psych ward...:huh:
  • Parmcat
    Options
    "Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy."
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Why is everything so white, and un inviting at hospitals and nursing homes? Is it because they don't want you to stay long?...lol
This discussion has been closed.