OxyElite Pro, CLA, Carnitine

Options
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what you may think about this stack for weight loss. I know many of you do not feel supplements are the answer and I usually would agree. Please hear me out a bit.

I had my third son 1 month ago, my 3 boys are all under 3 yrs of age(all c-sections). I started at 145lbs before baby #1, was at 170lbs before baby #2 and was at 198lbs before #3. Im currently at 186lbs which is great, about 6 months ago I started to eat clean, about 85-90% clean and only gained 10 lbs during my last pregnany. I am eating pretty good now as well but 2 weeks ago I broke my ankle :( its been pretty depressing and challenging to say the least. I feel like my weight loss has stalled, I had a weightloss/fitness plan ready for when I got the all clear from my dr but now im stuck in a cast for another 6 weeks then recovery after that. I'm hoping taking these supplements for a few weeks maybe a month will help me lose weight since i really can't do much right now.

Also im not breastfeeding due to all the pain meds for the ankle. Yeah.....so on top of all that I feel like a crappy mother, hopefully this helps me not feel so depressed and unmotivated.

opinions?

thanks,
Val

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you haven't opened them yet, return them. Don't be brainwashed by the supplement industry. To lose fat you need to eat at a deficit, do not take any supplements that promise to burn fat. The only supplements that actually burn fat do so in a dangerous way, they are stimulants that increase the temperature at which your body functions to burn more calories at rest. They are dangerous and you should avoid them. If you can't exercise, that's fine, just eat at a deficit and you'll lose fat.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do agree that this is very unhealthy for my body and I also agree that a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight but now that im sitting on my rear allllllll day long its hard to not want to snack. I want to take something to stop the cravings and atleast help get my heart going a little bit. I really just feel like a hopeless mess right now and don't want things to get worse because I'm confined to a couch all day.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The new formula oxy elite ? The new one sucks don't bother with it. CLA is good
  • Squirrel1601
    Options
    I have been through 1 tub of OxyElite Pro in the past, found it was good as a pre-workout for cardio, but did not notice significant weight loss that I would attribute to the product.

Adequate amounts of CLA can usually be obtained from food, especially if eating grass-fed meat sources.

I like to use Carnitine as I find it increases mental focus, and also cardiovascular capacity.

If you are not able to exercise at the moment, these supplements will be of little value. Try to focus on diet, fill yourself up with fibrous veggies. Keep some hand weights nearby and do some upper body exercises to elevate your heart rate.
  • DoingItForME724
    Options
    Its the original formula, the guy wasn't trying to sell the new formula. He said its not nearly as effective.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Detonate by Gaspari Nutrition
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oxy elite worked for a lot of people but for me I had bad side effects. Felt like I was on drugs, especially when it was wearing off so I wouldn't take it again
  • DoingItForME724
    Options
    I've decided to be patient and do things naturally. I prefer clean energy rather than feeling like im on drugs!

thanks for your input!