Some bro's(or gals) to fight the battle of the bulge with.

Options
First off, I'm not looking for a cheerleader :-) Just looking to make a few friends that may be in a similar situation as myself, and willing to share some ideas on how to fight the good fight. I'm about a month in on MFP, and have had some good results so far. But I've been here before, had diets work for a while, then I just seem to lose the willpower/focus after a while. I feel like this time is different though. A week after getting started here I decided to purchase a Body Media Link armband. Best purchase EVER!!! Between reading here on the forums and the input I get from the armband, my perception on how to lose weight has completely changed. I've found that I burn A LOT of calories at work, and have a hard time eating enough to keep from going over a 1000 calorie deficit, and that my off days are the exact opposite. This has actually caused me to be a bit tentative about working out on work days. I'd also like to have some people to share some cooking ideas with. I've been working in the restaurant industry for 15 years, so I love cooking and trying new things. (I recently discovered hummus, how did I never try this stuff before?) I'm also a bit of a tech head/gamer. I love my gadgets, and really enjoy all the console games that get me off my butt (currently playing "Your Shape 2012" if anyone wants to join me on Xbox).

So if anyone out there wants to share how/what they're doing, or vise versa, I'd be much obliged:huh: Just let me know, or send a FR.

Deuces

Replies

• HonestAbout
    Options
    lol..enjoyed your post and funny about the hummus..just last weekend I tried it for the very first time...but I think it is fattening..so it is out of my diet lol.
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What sort of restaurant do you manage? Are there healhy options where you work or even the basics that can be made healthier? IMHO everyone's journey is different and personal but with MFP we can reach out to others to make it easier. I have loved hummus for years. I make my own so that I can control the fat content better. I also have made it with canelli beans instead of garbanzos because my stomach digests them better.
    I see from your profile that you are still young, take it from me, the younger you get things figured out the easier it is and the better it is. Good Luck!
  • gillismaxiumus
    gillismaxiumus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks :-) I don't worry about fat too much though, as long as I'm not going over my macros and I try to stay away from the trans and saturated fats. Might have to try making my own hummus some time, but for now I'm really digging the flavored ones, supremely spicy is my fav so far.
  • gillismaxiumus
    Options
    Bump. Still looking for a couple more buds.:wink:
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Always looking for some more guys to balance out the crazy. I mean. The really nice women, on my list.
  • gillismaxiumus
    Options
    LOL, just the kinda bro I'm looking for. If it wasn't for wit and sarcasm, life would just be too boring.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    <<--- I gotcher wit and sarcasm right here.

I'll try to remember to take off my "sensitive, compassionate" hat and just be myself when I visit you. :devil:
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello, I don't think I could cheer lead even if I tried :laugh: but I am prepared to be your friend....request sent...always good to have friends that can motivate me and I them...anyone feel free to add me.