One year on MFP

Options
terisaurus
terisaurus Posts: 8 Member
I'm cross posting from my tumblr :) But I've been active on MFP for about a year almost, so this is the post I told myself I would do, as kind of a motivator to keep going.

tumblr_mpl7g2edkk1qcgo5ko1_500.png
tumblr_mpl7g2edkk1qcgo5ko2_500.png

My weight loss so far. Excuse the mess in the background haha, I have a toddler. AINT GOT TIME TO CLEAN.

I gained 47kg [ 104lbs ] when I was pregnant :P Just a weeeeee bit over the recommended 12kg [ 26lbs ] weight gain hahahahaha, pretty sure I destroyed that limit in the first trimester. It was mostly caused by greed and laziness. A little bit by baby. Also I had a traumatic birth with a c-section which resulted in hospitalization and blood poisoning and all kinds of amazing disasters for my [ apparently already too old *cough*25*cough* to have babies ] body, I literally didn’t think it would recover, and I was told repeatedly that weight loss after a section is mission impossible, but it isn’t. Just takes a while.

In these photos there is a 17kg [ 37lbs ] difference.
I have actually lost 39kg [ 86lbs ] since the baby was born but only started taking progress photos in August last year.. at which point my maternity pants were still a snug fit.

Still have a wee bit to go before I’m pre-pregnancy weight, But I’m quite happy with how I am now, I dont feel like I’m dying when I take the kid for a walk anymore.

This was done purely by calorie counting with the occasional 30 day shred thrown in when I could be bothered and going for walks. Which is why I am not toned at all, but meh, I’m no Britney Spears, I don’t need abs. Nobodies gonna be seeing that anyway.

The moral of the story of course is to not gain twice your body weight during pregnancy. That was really stupid.

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    awesome progress!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Your funny! Amazing job! You look great!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!!
  • Jennaissance
    Jennaissance Posts: 212
    Options
    You look great and you'll be there in no time. Good story... it just proves that you should never say never!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    really good effort and brilliant results, well done :)
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job, and I would have to agree with you on pregnancy weight gain, I blamed my back ache and sore knees on my 1st baby but really when you gain 60lbs and are 280 lbs those areas will hurt.
  • terisaurus
    terisaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!