support from family

Options
This is my first time posting, i have decided to make a lifestyle change and try to become a healthier person. I am currently 295 and im 6' 4''. I live at home with my family who are both obese as well. I am finding it very difficult to stay on task with both of my parents eating very unhealthy foods, and the jokes i hear from my father when i told him about my lifestyle change. Is there any advice that could help me stay on track with a family who does not really support nor want to change themselves? Thank you everybody!!

Blake

Replies

• mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My family initially wasn't on board with my change. At least my mother wasn't. She is obese and with a whole list of health problems. Diabetes, bad hips, arthritis, pains, this, that...and she doesn't follow doctors advice in her diet. She would get upset as I turned down fatty dinner after fatty dinner she prepared. She scoffed at my low cal stuff and ridiculed me for joining a gym. She thinks I'm committing mortal sin by weighing everything.

Then, an amazing thing happened. I lost 23lbs from my high. And, it's noticeable.

Now... She wants to use mfp and is actually looking at serving sizes. She still makes every excuse lol, and gets more treats than diet days....

But, after a few months...the results start showing, and its undeniable. More energy, more desire to improve and less to eat that junk.

Either they get on board or... They get jealous. If they won't support your decisions mate, have no fear. My fitness pal will. Feel free to add me :-)