NET CALORIES ?!?!? HELP

I'm so confused by net calories! Someone help please. I don't want to be eating too little calories (after exercising etc)!!!

My goal calories for a day are 1,640 (MFP set that for me when I changed some goals recently).

Currently, after breakfast, lunch, some snacks and exercising for 1 hour I'm on 376 (net) and 825 (food). I still have dinner to go, and possibly some more snacks?

What should my NET actually be at? Should I be netting the 1,640?!?!?

Help please! I don't want to be putting myself into "starvation mode" and slowing down my metabolism, or losing any weight too fast!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member

Yes. Your net and your goal should match.
  • Omarr00
    Omarr00 Posts: 4
    It's quite simple all you have to do is know how many calories you need consume and slowly be dropping 200 calories through 300 at most every week so your body doesn't enter starvation mode and net calories are calories you've burned of which means if you want to eat all those burned calories to replenish them, it's okay as long as your in a caloric deficient
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    I watch the "remaining" column, since I think that's the comparison between your net and goal calories... so I deem that to be the indicator of my success/failure.

Or am I wrong here?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    I watch the "remaining" column, since I think that's the comparison between your net and goal calories... so I deem that to be the indicator of my success/failure.

Or am I wrong here?

You are correct. The remaining column is the net calories remaining. It takes your preset goal calories and adds any exercise calories to that, then subtracts how many calories you've already logged for the day. You can easily check the math with a calculator to convince yourself that this is the case, if necessary. Get the remaining calories value close to zero and hit your macros, and you'll be fine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Yes. Your net and your goal should match.

this!