Food scale recommendation

Options
Any recommendations on a food scale? is a fancy digital one any more accurate than a regular old fashioned kind?

Replies

• jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i've got a fairly basic Salters digital scale (it was only £9.99 in the supermarket). It does grams and ounces, its flat and has a reset button - I love it because I can put a plate or bowl on it and reset it to zero then add my food and it weighs it, no mess! And when I'm making recipes I just keep resetting to zero and adding the next ingredient. No more washing up multiple measuring bowls RESULT!!!
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I find a digital one to be more accurate and I have had several over the years (I use them in my job plus at home). I find cheap digital ones are just as good as expensive ones. Sometimes the batteries are weird, burn out quickly and hard to find though.... that was with a pampered chef scale. For the expense of "pampered chef" one would think that it would not have the problem I just described above.
  • uthatswho
    uthatswho Posts: 34
    Options
    I've tried the biggest loser one from Walmart because it would show calories, but I don't think it's accurate at all. When I divided a package of dried cranberries I was getting more serving than the package said.
  • Barb2bfit
    Barb2bfit Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had a fairly expense digital food scale from Weight Watchers that lasted about a year- and when it quit working I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a new digital food scale for around $20 ( I have had it for a year already). It has grams, kg, oz & lb function that can be changed and also has the tare weight function that you can zero out when you put your container/plate/bowl on it before adding the food. I think it's a great scale for the price. Good luck!