Muscle Milk

Options
LazyGuy91
LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
I've heard mixed things about this. Anyone have an opinion? Just looking for some pros and cons...

Replies

• Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    Pros
    - Tastes really good (especially the cookies and cream)
    - Relatively cheap

Cons
    -Higher in carbs,fats and calories than your average protein drink. I'd probably avoid it if you're tying to lose weight and go for a whey protein. But if you're looking to put on some muscle then it's a pretty good product.
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use it as a mid morning snack to help keep the hunger away until lunch. I use it with a cup of milk and decafe coffee and ice. I have no idea on the negative side of it - it gives 15 grams of protein plus the milk that I use. I'm curious about the negative side as well. I've been using it for almost three weeks now and with the 1200 calorie diet I have lost 7 pounds so far. I will watch this thread to learn more.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    We sell it at work. I use it as a meal replacement when I'm busy or don't want to micro a Lean Cuisine
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Pros
    - Tastes really good (especially the cookies and cream)
    - Relatively cheap

Cons
    -Higher in carbs,fats and calories than your average protein drink. I'd probably avoid it if you're tying to lose weight and go for a whey protein. But if you're looking to put on some muscle then it's a pretty good product.

This. I personally like it, and have no problem fitting it into my macros. It has more sugar than most protein powders (hence the good taste), but since I eat very little added sugar most of the time anyhow, I don't stress about it.
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just ran out of mine today. It does taste pretty good and I feel like I got good results while using it. I'm thinking of switching to isopure zero carb, though. I really haven't made up my mind yet!
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This. I personally like it, and have no problem fitting it into my macros. It has more sugar than most protein powders (hence the good taste), but since I eat very little added sugar most of the time anyhow, I don't stress about it.

The bottles I get are relatively low in sugar, which is why I tried it. Someone once told me that it's a "bad type of protein," but they couldn't explain it...

I'm not really into making my own shakes, especially when I'm on the go, so I'm always looking for something easy.
  • amcgltdchix
    Options
    I use it and like it. Easy to fit into a 1200 calorie diet. :)
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I thought muscle milk is breast milk?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk is a hybrid blend protein shake mix (multiple protein sources, all of which are dairy based) that is supposedly formulated after human breast milk, making it more bioavailable than other protein sources. However, there are no actual studies to prove this. In a lab study conducted by Consumer Reports in 2011, Muscle Milk was one of a few brands of protein shake mixes that was found to have high levels of toxic contaminants such as Arsenic, with the only one containing more being EAS.

It is relatively expensive per serving compared to other brands (many of which are higher quality) because the name has established itself as being popular among the mainstream outside of lifting circles due to their availability in convenience stores.