HEALTHY INDIAN BREAKFAST

Options
INDIAN BREAKFAST

Replace Sandwich White Bread with Brown Bread. Brown bread is much healthy as It contains
more fiber and is more satiating.
Replace EGG YOKE with EGG WHITE 90% of calories and cholesterol is removed.

Replace Omelets, Single Fried, French Toast with Boiled or poached egg Removes the OIL and calories

Replace Paranthas, Puri, Bhature with Roti, Brown bread, Poha,Oats, Porridge, salad, cornflake

Replace Cow Milk with Skimmed Milk Cuts the Fat completely.

Replace Butter/Cheese/Mayonnaise with Jam, Light Mayo, Honey

Replace Dosa, Vada, Coconut Chutney with Idli and Sambhar Lot of fat in coconut chutney and oil in hotel dosa.

Replace Regular Tea/Coffee with Milk with Green Tea no Milk/Sugar Increases MBR by 20% and Helps in Slimming.

Replace Fry Chicken Sausage/Bacon/Kebab with Microwave meat, Tuna light No oil and less fats.
Replace Processed Fruit Juice with Fresh Fruit Removes unnecessary sugar completely.

Replace Biscuits with Nuts ( eg. almonds ) All biscuits are high in sugar. Say no to them.

Replies

• SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good post and simple changes too :smile:
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How many calories would you say in a chapati with no ghee?
  • revasen
    revasen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A very good one.. but have to disagree with removing the egg yolk. whole egg is one of the most natural wholesome foods. if you are eating more than one a day then you can eat one egg whole and the rest just whites
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options

They tend to be between 100 and 130, depending on the size.
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I want to know one too. I cook my chapatis in 150gms of flour. So, 3 chapatis of approx 50 gms each without any oil or ghee. Any idea how many calories will that be?