Looking for friends... Who lift!

Options
Hi everyone. I can honestly say I'm a old "newbie". I joined MFP over a year ago to lose weight for my wedding. And did good. I didn't reach my goal, but I lost 16lbs before the "big day". Well, it's been a year as of July 13th for my wedding and I gained EVERY POUND back, plus some. I've been back too it "Seriously" for the past month and a half and lost 16lbs of my "marital" gain. However... that's only the beginning. I love lifting weights. It makes me feel strong and powerful... however I need help. I don't have a gym near by so I do everything at home, and don't have or have the funds to buy the weight machines needed. As of now, I completed Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am currently on week 2 of "Ripped in 30". My weights have increased from 3lbs to 8-10lbs the past month. I need friends to help me along and give me some personal advice on where to go from here. I'm stumped when it comes to weight training. I was always told CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO. Yes, I love my treadmill jogs, but I want to be RIPPED!!! Please help me! I wanna get back to the woman my husband met and fell in love with, not the woman who's the mother of his children. (and you mom's out there know what I'm talking about) PS: I had twins... my stomach is an eyesore and needs help badly!! :sad: My legs are looking awesome, so are my arms. As for my gut... no flippen change. Advice??? (Yes, my food diary is private. It will only take someone I can trust to open that too... even tho I think I'm not doing bad... I might be making bad choices...)
Sincerely, A girl who needs your help and advice. Good or bad.

Replies

• stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights! Ill add you :) I'm currently doing a beachbody hybrid program consisting of Insanity and Chalean Extreme. I've done both the 30 day shred and Ripped in 30 along with several of Jillian's other DVDs. I definitely recommend Chalean Extreme to anyone looking to lift. It's sort of like the P90X but no where near as hard. If you have any questions feel free to ask. My diary is open to friends but its far from perfect ????
  • j3nnal3igh13
    j3nnal3igh13 Posts: 134
    Options
    I love Chalean! I have her TurboJam videos. Maybe it's time to try the other ones. I have the P90X program sitting my living room.... still haven't had the guts to try it yet. :noway: However I have opened the box. LOL does that count as progress?? After my 30 days of "Ripped" I plan to stick out P90X. Is that maybe "Too Much" after what I've been doing? My frame of mind is "If it hurts.. Practice".
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I lift. Feel free to add me :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I lift everything ad me :)
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    what Chad said ^^
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting!! Been on a bit of a hiatus due to a bulging disc, but I'm able to start back this week. Feel free to add me :)
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I lift. Doing my own spinoff of Stronglifts 5x5. You don't need a lot of equipment to build strength. Feel free to add me.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I lift and love it :) Would love to have more friends that lift.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I lift too and I love it. I do I hybrid of Stonglifts as well. I lift 5x a week and alternate between lower and upper body days. Feel free to add me.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently doing my second round of Stronglifts 5 x 5 and will be starting 5/3/1 soon. Anyone can add me.
  • ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on MFP for 2.5 yrs. I lift heavy and love it. My food diary is open and I really focus on my eating. I also get in my cardio with HIIT, running, and TurboFire.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I lift! A lot. Add me if you like.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Lift or die.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lifter here! Max bench is 432340 lbs.
  • johnbatzer
    johnbatzer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lift -- while I've lost a good bit of fat from the beginning of the year, if I were to start all over again, I'd chose to lift more & focus less on cardio.

That said, if you're looking for a change in the belly? Lift, and left heavy (8-10 pound weights while doing Insanity might not solve it) and be diligent with logging. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • lilliann7877
    Options
    I am just starting a lifting program today. I am not joining a gym but am going to do it all at home. I am starting with jamie eason's 12 week fat loss program. i have always just done cardio but seeing all the great success stories here from lifting has inspired me to do the same. all of her excercises can be done at home, there are a couple where she uses some cables but it gives an alternative to that with barbells. i am starting with 8-10 lbs since that is challenging for me now and will add as i adjust. feel free to add me. i am a mom and wife as well!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I lift too :) Feel free to add!
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I pick things up and put them down.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    nothing better than lifting, you can add me