bra or time of day?

Options
weight one day fully dressed 210 next day I weighed myself before bed with out a bra this time bc hey bed 213.8 could it been the fact that the bra was off allowing my 42 fs to weigh me down or just the end of the day causeing me to freak?

Replies

• wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    the boobage is there bra or no bra. your weight fluctuates during the day, so if you weighed before bed being heavier would be completely normal xx
  • bobbiebearden
    Options
    Definitely the end of the day affecting things! You should weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after you pee. Gravity's gonna pull the weight from your boobs down with or without the bra!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    OMG - NEVER weigh yourself after first thing in the morning after pee and naked! It's far too distressing!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, normal people are lightest in the am. You sweat and don't drink at night, so you're the lightest you're going to be. I have known of 1 person who is heaviest first thing in the am though, which doesn't make any sense to me, but I saw the scale, she wasn't making it up!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    your weight fluctuates day to day, hour to hour.

Bowel movements, full or empty bladder, etc etc etc.

Don't look at individual weights to determine your loss. Look for trends in loss or gain to determine if you're losing or gaining. Not individual readings. Just like one measured high blood pressure doesn't mean you have high BP, one reading doesn't necessarily mean you've gained or lost.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Full bladder/ colon will have more effect at the end of the day than a bra.
    Always wrigh first thing in the morning after u pee.
  • AimeeHxxx
    AimeeHxxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are at your lightest in the morning as your body has burnt all the foods from the day before and you are ''starting a fresh''.
    If you jump on the scales at night you have the days weight of food added on to it. you will see this in the morning if you eat a really heavy meal at night and your body hasnt had the time to digest.

Try not eat after a set time and always jump on the scales at the same time on a morning.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    First thing, wearing a bra does not make you lighter the weight of your boobs are still there, bra or no bra.
    Secondly weight fluctuates all day. Like others have said if you are going to weigh, weigh in the morning naked and after you have used the bathroom and end it there, do not weigh every time you pass the scale the number will always be different.

My opinion, taking measurements is way better than weighing on the scale.
  • johnbatzer
    johnbatzer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My weight can fluctuate drastically - I could start a given day around 213, weigh 209 after a run, and weigh as much as 220 when i go to bed (depending on salt, food, and fluid intake)
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    weight one day fully dressed 210 next day I weighed myself before bed with out a bra this time bc hey bed 213.8 could it been the fact that the bra was off allowing my 42 fs to weigh me down or just the end of the day causeing me to freak?

It's probably just a daily am/pm fluctuation, I wouldn't worry about it.

Actually, it depends a lot on what kind of person you are - if you tend to obsess too much about your scale, then the best thingwould be to just weight yourself once a week - say, Friday morning before getting dressed. Another approach that you can try is actually weighing at the same time of the day, every day, and recording it on MFP. You know, the good, the bad and the ugly. This will give you scientific proof of the bodily fluctuations per week and per month and you'll be able tp pull out the graph over your last 30 days and your last 180 days etc. As long as the overall trend is where you want it to be, a little fluctuation is no big deal :)

Also, for me, *usually* I'm about 1 lb lighter in the morning than I am in the evening; but it does happen every now and then that I'm heavier in the morning. No idea why, although I suspect sodium.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    This is the best idea EVER. I'm wearing FOUR bras when I weigh in next time! Thanks!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Did the cups have helium balloons tied to them, lifting the breasts into the air, so that they wouldn't register on the scale?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    This is the best idea EVER. I'm wearing FOUR bras when I weigh in next time! Thanks!

tumblr_inline_mmsp71PHH51qz4rgp_zps0af036fa.gif
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Punctuation and capitalization are your friends.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    OMG - NEVER weigh yourself after first thing in the morning after pee and naked! It's far too distressing!

confused-o.gif
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Depends... does your bra have straps that attach to the ceiling or something? Bras do not make boobs weightless!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Weight will nearly always fluctuate thoughout the day. Besides clothing, water, undigested food, stool, etc. can all affect the numbers on the scale.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Not practical for me. My scale measures BF in addition to total weight (and other things). The owner's manual tells me that weight will be most accurate in the morning, but BF will be most accurate on an empty stomach, not just after exercising, in the early evening.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your bra has nothing to do with it, although the doctors say being fully clothed adds about 3 pounds. I always weigh myself naked (or just underwear) in the morning.