almost 30 pounds gone, but don't feel a difference.

Options
124»

Replies

• wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It usually takes me losing about 10% of my body weight for me to lose a pants size. So when I was 247, it took over 20lbs and now that I'm lower less than 20lbs. Another problem I had was that when I started it took twice as long to go down a size, because technically I was wearing clothes too small for me, and had just stretched them out. You'll get there. Also, I can totally notice a difference in your pictures, looking awesome!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can definiteyl see a difference! Are you doing any weight training? I know for me, when I wasn't doing weight training the number on the scale would change but I didn't see much of a difference as far as clothing. As soon as I incorporated weight training 2-3 times a week that's when my body started changing the way I wanted it to. Keep it up! You look beautiful!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference and might I add your curves allow you to wear 288 lbs WELL!! I struggled with this also, lost 30+ lbs and only went down one dress size, I'm now down 53lbs and down TWO dress sizes. I tend to lose in my upper body before I lose around the middle/bottom so I blame it on that. I also was only doing cardio and no strength training. I hear when you start lifting weights or using resistance is when you see the inches start to melt away but the weight stays relatively the same. Don't get discouraged you are making enormous strides and have done awesome so far!
  • bluestocking01
    Options
    You look awesome!!!

I have lost 30lbs and have gotten nowhere too! But I am carrying a ton of weight around my hips- so it is going to take more than 30lbs for me to drop a size. Yup still haven't dropped a size either. I would love to go down a size as well but no such luck. I'm a shortie so the extra weight around my hips is a nightmare- but I can always see a difference in pics and inches and that keeps me going. So just hang in there!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yes and look at your waist
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Obviously there is a difference. I can see it in my photos....sorta. I haven't gone down a dress size. I haven't gone down an underwear size. I haven't gone down a cup size. In fact, my boobs feel BIGGER! Then I read people who have lost 10 pounds and gone down 4 dress sizes and I'm like what?

Okay, I'm not trying to be an attention *kitten*, but would you believe I lost 30 pounds?

First photo 315 pounds. Last photo 288 pounds.

83be3ea6-d4b5-440d-ad7c-c1de23363d5d_zpsabf1346a.jpg

I just want to go down a dress size! Anyone else lose a a big chunk of weight and not had any difference in clothing?

Def a difference! you do have a waist and more shape!!!
    umm dress sizes and all that depend.. if your exercising a lot AND with weights.. then yeah you loose inches!! and depends some peeps that start at a higher wt wont see as much of a drastic 'change' or pants/clothing size.. till more wt is lost..
    I lost 40 pounds and went form size 20 jeans to 12/14 and XL tops to medium.. I work out a lot and hard classes and weights! (sw 234) lowest wt 193 cw 202) (gained 10 in last mo i plan to loose)
    anyway keep it up!!!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs before I lost a size but then it was only another 15 pounds before I lost another size- so who knows how many pounds equals a size- Ithink it just doesn't work that way

you look smaller to me though

and if you honestly don't feel any different try this trick- take 14 two litter bottles of water/coke whatever (about what you have lost) diide them into bacgs/backpacks so you can carry them- walk around for 5 minutes
    put them down

do you feel the difference now?
  • Shortiefatsplat
    Options
    Your waist looks much smaller :)

I've lost over 56 lbs and although some people say they can see the difference others just say they never thought i was that big :O , it can be disheartening but don't give up!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    it's a little hard to see (dark clothing and you have the light on your back) but you definitely are smaller - your waist is smaller (sorry i mean - WOW you got a great waist!!), your boobs do look bigger but I think it's becase your body is tightening up a bit, your thighs look slimmer. I have a feeling you lost mostly from your tummy which is why you aren't going down in sizes. (I think that's what is happening to me).

I would go back and take photos wearing the same clothign as in the first photo.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!