Working off baby weight- Looking for motivation buddies!

Options
2»

Replies

• allisabbcotter
    Options
    I'm a mom of three girls, ages 7, 5 and 10 months, and also hoping to meet some new friends here to help keep me accountable! I'm about to turn 35 and have felt the weight has been harder to take off with sweet babe #3. The fact that we had a seven month winter here in Minnesota did not help my activity level this time around either! Right now, I've begun to eliminate all grains and sugar, and feeling inspired by Tim Ferris's 4 hour body. I'm staying moderately active...(thank goodness for summer!)...and hoping to fit in more structured workouts in the next month or so. I'd be happy to connect with anyone else who is looking for support and encouragement!
  • allisabbcotter
    Options
    I'm a mom of three girls, ages 7, 5 and 10 months, and also hoping to meet some new friends here to help keep me accountable! I'm about to turn 35 and have felt the weight has been harder to take off with sweet babe #3. The fact that we had a seven month winter here in Minnesota did not help my activity level this time around either! Right now, I've begun to eliminate all grains and sugar, and feeling inspired by Tim Ferris's 4 hour body. I'm staying moderately active...(thank goodness for summer!)...and hoping to fit in more structured workouts in the next month or so. I'd be happy to connect with anyone else who is looking for support and encouragement!
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies! I have to boys, one will be 5 tomorrow and my little turned 2 months today :) I am working on getting this weight off! Feel free to add me :)
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have two babies as well! I have a 2/12 yr old son and an 11month old daughter! I am breastfeeding my daughter, so I am enjoying those extra calories! Feel free to add me (anyone!)

I am also in charge of a seasonal challenge. We do challenges for every season, so if you want to join, just click on the link below! We weigh-in every week. We are laid back, so don't worry if you miss a few weigh-ins and you can start anytime! But I chart and record everyone's results weekly! We just finished a summer beach body challenge and my group lost 40lbs as a whole! It really helps Currently we are doing a fall challenge called "Trick for Treat" Halloween Slimdown! Just to set a timeline. A lot of us are moms and such!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/564-trick-for-treat-halloween-challenge
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have two babies as well! I have a 2/12 yr old son and an 11month old daughter! I am breastfeeding my daughter, so I am enjoying those extra calories! Feel free to add me (anyone!)

I am also in charge of a seasonal challenge. We do challenges for every season, so if you want to join, just click on the link below! We weigh-in every week. We are laid back, so don't worry if you miss a few weigh-ins and you can start anytime! But I chart and record everyone's results weekly! We just finished a summer beach body challenge and my group lost 40lbs as a whole! It really helps Currently we are doing a fall challenge called "Trick for Treat" Halloween Slimdown! Just to set a timeline. A lot of us are moms and such!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/564-trick-for-treat-halloween-challenge
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have two kids, 3 years and 4 weeks, so I'm right there with you. I could use extra motivation!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a first time mom with a 3 month old daughter. My body went crazy with the pregnancy and I ended up gaining 50 lbs and was a bit overweight to begin with. I lost quite a bit after my daughter was born and during maternity leave but still have 40 lbs to get to my goal weight. I could use all the support and encouragement that anyone can offer since right now I've hit a wall and haven't lost weight in several weeks. Feel free to add me!
  • NewMama221
    NewMama221 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have a 4 1/2 month old son! I have 6 lbs to go until I hit my pre-pregnancy weight. And then atleast another 20, to reach a weight I would be happy with. I've been down to that # before; so I know I can hit it again. I'm just struggling with commuting to work taking care of the baby. We are moving soon, so I'll have a shorter commute to work (and my husband is going to have the longer drive) I'm hoping once we move, I'll have more time and can take my son for a walk in the evening!

Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • HappyMommy0403
    Options
    I'm happy to join you and could use some buddies! My son is 4 and I lost a large amount of baby weight initially after being 230 prior to delivery, down to 160. It's so chaotic now that I've managed to gain about 40 pounds back and have trouble trying to squeeze in exercise! I joined a while ago but am really committed to getting rid of this extra weight!
  • thesalsabrat
    Options
    I just joined today - also, mom of three, up and down during and after each pregnancy. Most frustrating is that with number 3 (he's 15 months old) I lost it all, but it came back after I went back to work. Have a desk job so it's REALLY tough. But I tried this journal method before and it does work. Now I just need the motivation and support more than anything. I will NOT be having any kids, and feel like this should be my final "diet" EVER. I never want to be over again, so need to get the habits that will stay with me for the next 20 years. I am 37 and live in Italy, where the women are all skinny, beautiful and barely eat. :/ LOoking forward to some mutual support! :)