Which Ninja do you suggest to purchase?

Options
Eat2Win
Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
I went out and decided I'd like to purchase one of the Ninja BLENDERS. There are a few sets to choose from. I am curious how everyone out there is enjoying theirs. Can you tell me which one was chosen for your nutrition purposes and what you suggest? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm a fan of the ZX-10R model. The 6R doesn't have enough low-end torque for off-track use, I find (unless you go with one of the rarer 636 models). However, if you're just starting out, the 300 or 650 is great!

Oh, and for the blender they all seem mostly the same to me aside from capacity =P
  • JohnLSinclair
    JohnLSinclair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hahaha - I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of the post! But I'm looking at the 300, because I'd like a sporty commuter bike that still has a liiitle kick to it. You're post brought a smile to my face, contingencypl.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Donatello?

donatello.jpg

What are these Ninjas you speak of?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sho Kosugi, of course, but not sure if still for sale.
  • Eat2Win
    Options
    Ha, ha............okay, I have to admit when I first began to post I wondered if anyone would think bike, but surely I thought on the nutrition/food aspect most know it's a blender..................but I should probably go add BLENDER too..............I am glad I brought smiles though :)
  • Eat2Win
    Options
    No one comments on the Ninja Blenders? Wow, I guess no one uses them?
  • disgruntledone
    disgruntledone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a master prep ninja system. Comes with three containers and a motor you place on top. I make a smoothie in my every morning. Chop carrots every week for a salad and various other things. I LOVE my ninja. I bought this before they came out the regular looking blenders. The only problem I see not having the reg looking one is if you make things like pesto you are not easily able to add olive oil as you blend. that is the only drawback I see in having mine.
  • Eat2Win
    Options
    So your Ninja is an older model, not one on the newer current market?
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Donatello?

donatello.jpg

What are these Ninjas you speak of?

This is exactly where my mind went.....
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Do not get the "Ninja Warrior."

Well, get it if you want a really good immersion blender. But if you want to use the processor bowl, stay FAR away.

I got one for cheap brand new, and loved it. Until I used the processor bowl a few times, and the bottom of the bowl melted during use when making a smoothie. Mmmm, carcinogenic plastic melted all through my beverage. Of course I didn't notice until I had the first one, and since I had just started using a new whey protein, I had no idea that it wasn't just an off flavor from that. Yum.
  • brennamathis
    Options
    I have a master prep ninja system. Comes with three containers and a motor you place on top. I make a smoothie in my every morning. Chop carrots every week for a salad and various other things. I LOVE my ninja. I bought this before they came out the regular looking blenders. The only problem I see not having the reg looking one is if you make things like pesto you are not easily able to add olive oil as you blend. that is the only drawback I see in having mine.

I have a master prep as well...my biggest container (most like regular "blender" size) has a lid that has a snap top opening on one side, like for you to pour out of, so I guess you could add olive oil through that if you wanted to use the huge container? The blade spacing for that one is a little wider than the smaller containers though, so not sure how well it would work for pesto. I LOVE my master prep though, just because it seemed like the best bang for the buck since you get the three containers in different sizes, different blades & lids for all, etc.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Can I have the one in orange mommy! Pretty please with a cherry on top?
  • disgruntledone
    Options
    You are correct they still make mine but with a different set of blades I think but it works just like mine does. I know this seems kinda silly but qvc(a on tv shopping channel) has all these blenders. If you go to their web sit and search for ninja you can pull up all the blenders including the one you are thinking of. It has videos of their demo if you want to look at it and there is a place you can look at reviews customers has wrote about each machine.
  • Eat2Win
    Options
    I watched some comparison videos last night Ninja vs. Vitamix and it seemed the Ninja didn't measure up.
    Did anyone ever find themselves disappointed?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I watched some comparison videos last night Ninja vs. Vitamix and it seemed the Ninja didn't measure up.

You're also comparing a $500 product to a $100 product. Apples and oranges.
  • disgruntledone
    Options

You're also comparing a $500 product to a $100 product. Apples and oranges.

If I did a lot of blending and had the extra money to spend I would get the Vitamix also but......for what I do I really like the Ninja.
  • Eat2Win
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    I have a ninja and i used it every day till my dad gave me his nutribullet. ?.its just so much easier throwing stuff in and blending it for a second then drinking it out of the same cup :-) but ive never had an issue with my ninja i got mine for 100$ at bed bath and beyond! I even blend whole nuts with smoothies and it blends fine! I love it! Maybe one day id get the vitamix but i cant imagine spending that much on a blender even tho i am using it mostly twice a day! I love it i have nothing bad to say about it! Its nice n easyand chops everything great and easy cleanup! Go ahead and buy it...u wont regret it! :bigsmile:
  • Eat2Win
    Options
    I have a ninja and i used it every day till my dad gave me his nutribullet. ?.its just so much easier throwing stuff in and blending it for a second then drinking it out of the same cup :-) but ive never had an issue with my ninja i got mine for 100$ at bed bath and beyond! I even blend whole nuts with smoothies and it blends fine! I love it! Maybe one day id get the vitamix but i cant imagine spending that much on a blender even tho i am using it mostly twice a day! I love it i have nothing bad to say about it! Its nice n easyand chops everything great and easy cleanup! Go ahead and buy it...u wont regret it! :bigsmile:

How long have you been using yours twice a day? I have heard the plastic wore out on people and it ended up in their food and drink.....
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I got the Ninja that comes with the single serve cups that you can blend and go with. It also comes with a larger jug for bigger jobs. I've had it for about 6 months and use it almost every day. I love it. The single cups are convenient to take to work when I'm in a rush in the morning. And blends ice and hard things fast and to a pulp! But it is noisy. Wakes the whole house up.