Insanity Support?

Options
Hello MFP family,

Today I decided to begin my 60 day journey of Insanity, AGAIN. The last year when I began the first time, I made it to day 12 and ended up quitting, partially due to lack of motivation. I've been on a strict diet for 4 months with help from my school friends, but now that school is out and I don't see them everyday, I find myself with a lack of motivation. I really do not want to give up again. If anyone else would like to join this 60 day journey with me, it would mean the world to me!

Thanks in advance,
-WatchMeLOSEx :heart:

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I start month 2 tomorrow. It's intense, but the results are worth it. Did you take progress pictures last time? If not, I highly recommend it. I take pictures every rest day, and seeing the results side by side each week makes the gains real. It makes a big difference to see your waist shrinking each week when you're trying to talk yourself into hitting play each day.
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm TERRIFIED of insanity. Good luck, I guess? :)
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to purchase insanity, but Im struggling to convince my girlfriend, she is saying its a waste of money and all you need is a routine, not the support i need :(
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP family,

Today I decided to begin my 60 day journey of Insanity, AGAIN. The last year when I began the first time, I made it to day 12 and ended up quitting, partially due to lack of motivation. I've been on a strict diet for 4 months with help from my school friends, but now that school is out and I don't see them everyday, I find myself with a lack of motivation. I really do not want to give up again. If anyone else would like to join this 60 day journey with me, it would mean the world to me!

Thanks in advance,
    -WatchMeLOSEx :heart:

HI!!! I am on day 7 of INSANITY. I love it. it's hard but i weigh 215 and I somehow still love it. I have tried other workouts before with no results. Even though I still love the INSANITY workout I know it will only get harder from here. I need all the encouragement I can get.
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    I start month 2 tomorrow. It's intense, but the results are worth it. Did you take progress pictures last time? If not, I highly recommend it. I take pictures every rest day, and seeing the results side by side each week makes the gains real. It makes a big difference to see your waist shrinking each week when you're trying to talk yourself into hitting play each day.

Great idea! I'll get on that right now! Thanks :)
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started with the fit test this morning. I wouldn't mind some motivation. I will probably go by the way my clothes fit to push myself even harder.
  • jess4fun
    jess4fun Posts: 20
    Options
    Insanity Rocks! I was in the best shape of my life after doing it last year and did it again this spring. Make sure you take before and after photos cuz there will be a difference maybe not is weight lost, but definitely in body shape.

We just stated Focus T25 today and I am excited for it. Same Shaun T, just shorter workout (25 min). Hard for us to stay motivated for an hour an night over the summer. Will probably do the Asylum in the fall when the weather cools off. Focus T25 has a 14 week plan (Alpha, Beta and Gamma).

Good luck and keep up the great work and dont forget to send in your info to Beach Body and get your T-shirt when you are done. Take before and photos and measurements. Then wear it proudly. You know you worked your butt off!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I tried insanity...i ended up repeating month 1 instead of going on to month 2 because i knew I wasnt ready to move on yet. I (barely) made it through month 1 for the second time, and while I do notice a difference in my strength and stamena, I dont feel I am ready for month 2 yet. I understand it is a HARD program, and with as out of shape as I am, I dont want to kill myself! I am well over 200 pounds with very little strength and I get dizzy and weak from just the warmup! Many of the excersizes in month 1 I cannot even get my body to do them, much less quickly, repeatedly, and with proper form. I am going to continue doing other workouts that push me to and past my limits (my limits are embarrasingly low) and try again in a couple months.

But like I said, I do notice a difference...like last summer I couldnt even make it around the block with my bike and now I can go for 30 minute rides (although even the slighest hill is still hard as heck to make it up). Also, my before and after picture show my stomach is a bit smaller and I did lose an inch or so on my hips and waist although my weight only dropped 4 pounds.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just did the first fit test last night and have my first real workout tonight. I would LOVE to get some mutual support from other Insanity newbies/oldies! I'm pretty intimidated by how difficult it seems but I'm going to make myself finish.

You can follow my journey on Instagram @kathleenmurry
    I posted my before pics and I will be taking progress pics every Friday.

I'm starting at Weight:132, Bust: 33, Waist: 27, Hips: 37.5
    My goal in 60 days is Weight: 124, Bust: 32, Waist:25, Hips: 35.

Let's do this together :)
  • KathleenMurry
    Options
    Hi! I just did the first fit test last night and have my first real workout tonight. I would LOVE to get some mutual support from other Insanity newbies/oldies! I'm pretty intimidated by how difficult it seems but I'm going to make myself finish.

• WatchMeLOSEx
    Options

Totally in! About to do day two in about an hour. Wish me luck! haha
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    I tried insanity...i ended up repeating month 1 instead of going on to month 2 because i knew I wasnt ready to move on yet. I (barely) made it through month 1 for the second time, and while I do notice a difference in my strength and stamena, I dont feel I am ready for month 2 yet. I understand it is a HARD program, and with as out of shape as I am, I dont want to kill myself! I am well over 200 pounds with very little strength and I get dizzy and weak from just the warmup! Many of the excersizes in month 1 I cannot even get my body to do them, much less quickly, repeatedly, and with proper form. I am going to continue doing other workouts that push me to and past my limits (my limits are embarrasingly low) and try again in a couple months.

But like I said, I do notice a difference...like last summer I couldnt even make it around the block with my bike and now I can go for 30 minute rides (although even the slighest hill is still hard as heck to make it up). Also, my before and after picture show my stomach is a bit smaller and I did lose an inch or so on my hips and waist although my weight only dropped 4 pounds.

It's a good idea to wait until you feel you're ready to move on. I might have to do that!
  • LisaIsInsanity
    LisaIsInsanity Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity tonight.... friend me and we can support each other on this journey!
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity tonight.... friend me and we can support each other on this journey!

Good luck!
  • KathleenMurry
    Options
    Plyometric Cardio Circuiit for the first time - Sweating bullets!!! But now I have to take my dog for a job because, unfortunately, he didn't follow along with the DVD.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just posted a thread looking for insanity friends. I am starting insanity this week. Please add me so we can support each other!
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    Yes! I just posted a thread looking for insanity friends. I am starting insanity this week. Please add me so we can support each other!

Added :)
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    Plyometric Cardio Circuiit for the first time - Sweating bullets!!! But now I have to take my dog for a job because, unfortunately, he didn't follow along with the DVD.

Been putting it off for a few hours now. Gonna go ahead and get it over with!
  • kentville1977
    Options

• xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just did the first workout tonight. Felt really good afterwards. I'm sure I'll really feel it tomorrow lol.